New, wanting support :)

JessL83
JessL83 Posts: 3 Member
Hi, everyone. I'm Jess, 29. I've been on MFP for a while now, but haven't reached out to anyone. Haven't been so successful with it, so thought I needed some support, so here I am. I have about 100 - 120lbs to lose. We'll see. It's more about being healthy for me than anything else. While I don't have any health issues now, there is family history of all kinds of lovely diseases/issues. I want to avoid those at all costs! I have 2 kidds - Layla is 5 and Austin is 4. I am married to an amazing man, and have been for almost 9 years now. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Replies

• susanfisher
    susanfisher Posts: 62 Member
    Hello, Feel free to add me, When I started my weight loss I needed to lose 80-90 pounds.. We can help each other.
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Hello! Welcome to MFP!

MFP is a really great resource to keep you focused and connect you with a wealth of fitness resources and like minded folks.

1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Above all, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.

I welcome you, and anyone else out there to add me as a friend. I have made fitness and health my passion and love the idea of folks joining me in my new lifestyle of being fit, healthy, and most importantly - HAPPY!.

I'm here to support and motivate!!! I find my own success comes easier when I help and fuel other folks success.

and remember - most folks care more about the quality of fuel they put in their lawn mowers than the fuel they put in their bodies. Don't be one of those people. Whole foods. Natural foods. Intelligent choices.

Fit for life,
    Mark M. Reed
    aka Marc Mayhem - Fitness Blogger, and Motivator!

Add me as a friend and take part in my daily fitness discussions, tips, and commentary on MyFitnessPal!

• hey jess... welcome... add me if you need motivation... i look forward to seeing your success! :)
  • MillerCrock
    MillerCrock Posts: 20 Member
    Add me as a friend:happy:
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Hi Jess -

Feel free to add me if you'd like. I need to lose at least 100lbs. I log constantly and try to be as supportive as possible - even if it's just a way to go!
  • Welcome and Good luck. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • KateT1999
    KateT1999 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm also very new to MFP. Only been at it about a week. I'd like to lose 95 lbs and looking for some friends. Feel free to add me!
  • Hey! i'm also new and looking for friends on here! Add me if you want to :)
  • Hello Everyone!
    I'm new on here. I came to give support and get some! whooohoooo!

Good luck peoples
  • hokiegirl777
    hokiegirl777 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Jess, I just added myself today although I've been trying to use MFP for a little while now too. If you would like, add me to your list. I would like to offer to "start together," but no pressure if you prefer not to.