lapband patients and MFP

Options
any other lapbanders/WLS out there using MFP. Would love to friend you and get your feedback on how it's going.

Replies

• kgirl74
    kgirl74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just had lapband on 7-5-12 and new to the community part of this too.
  • Belligerent_Wombat
    Belligerent_Wombat Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I had my lapband last March, and it's been...well, it's been a struggle. I've lost about 65lbs total, but I'm nowhere near what I was told I would be by this time. Most of it is my fault, I freely admit that. So, I'm here and working my butt off. :o) I would love to see the Lapband forum on here get started again, but it doesn't seem like it's very active. If you ladies want to friend me, I have no problem with that. I am super supportive, and I have very large shoulders.

Congratulations on your bands and welcome to this amazing and sometimes frustrating journey!
    Heather
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    There are several WLS and lapband specific groups. Lots of really good support there!
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    my mom had the gastric bypass in 2004 and she had no problems, lost close to 200 lbs and has kept most of it off, she has gained a bit back but is working on diet and exercise to take care of that, and not let it get out of control like before.
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i had lapband sept 2010. Friend me if you'd like.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Surgery June 15, 2009,.... developed a leak that can't be fixed without surgery to totally switch out lap band.... and I ended up just saying screw it, unfill me completely.

The last time I got strep throat (last November), I started having issues with too much drainage/slime. I couldn't get my food to go through, even when I was completely unfilled. After getting my tonsils taken out, I rarely have issues, but I still won't go and get filled. Too many trips to the surgeon's office (which, by the way, is an hour away) to get unfilled at 10pm because they were too busy to get me in earlier in the day. Because of those issues, I gained almost all of my weight back drinking protein shakes, eating yogurt, ... the things that I knew were easy to eat, and that would go through. I made a lot of bad choices too, due to depression of a failed surgery.

I found MFP, and I lost 20lbs with this site, and now I'm on Medifast, and I'm down the lowest weight I've been in over 7 years. :) But friend me if you'd like!