My Pants Are Annoying Me!

Options
gpstrucker
gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
When I started this quest I was wearing size 40 pants and they were kinda snug. The past few weeks I have been wearing size 38 pants. Now the 38 is falling down.

Having to keep pulling up my pants is really, really annoying. At the same time, as annoying as it is, it also makes me smile a little. Just a little, it's still really annoying.

Just buy smaller pants you say? Yeah, well, that starts adding up to real money pretty quickly ya know. I've only had the ones that are falling down today for a couple of weeks for crying out loud. I haven't got my money's worth out them yet (I hate wearing cheap clothing).

I'm thinking that, until I get down to my goal weight, I'm going to have to start buying those pants with the stretchy waistbands so I can wear them for a while.

Anyway, thanks MFP and FitBit, this stuff actually works!

Replies

• gmarriottfccla
    Options
    Don't I know that feeling! It gets annoying when every two months I need to buy a completely new wardrobe. I completely understand where you're coming from when you say you want the stretchy pants - I've started only wearing athletic shorts because of that reason!
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You could try shopping at Goodwill until you're ready to commit to serious shopping. Our son has lost a lot of weight also and has the same problem. Its a good thing....
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    get a belt, silly
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I totally understand your annoyance, it's a pretty awesome annoyance to have though. Cept for me, I started out at a size 20 pants and now in a 5/6 and my pants are still falling, I believe it's due to going from a big booty to no booty at all. The pants fit great and if I go to a 3/4 I'll have a muffin top, so I stay with 5/6 till I can properly wear a 3/4.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    get a belt, silly

LOL I have purchased a couple of new belts already. I'm a guy, we don't have the hips for a belt to work above to hold up the pants. They still tend to slip down even with a belt. Maybe once my waist gets smaller than my hips that will work LOL.

Come to think of it, if my waist gets smaller than my hips I won't need a belt :D
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    ...suspenders??
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Just buy some colorful boxer shorts and you're good to go!

:wink:
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Get a belt, or get a pair of pants with elastic waist (hidden by the belt) but a few sizes to big, as you shrink so will the elastic.
  • luckypoisonivy
    Options
    ...suspenders??

:happy: My dad totally rocks the supenders.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    ahhh yes..all too familiar to me right now. I hate my jeans right now. They are literally pissing me the *kitten* off. I have no butt, my thighs are swimming in them. I have the pull them up everytime I get out of my chair. I look ridiculous. Yes, I love the feeling, but really? /end mini rant

I know sir...I know...
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    :) Never thought about belts not working for men. Suspenders sound like a good idea, though, as does the thrift shop. It's not a bad problem to have, though, is it? Good for you!
  • kerchki
    kerchki Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    suspenders were popular in the olden days because they could make the same pair of pants last through weight changes... ok, I have no idea if that's true or not, but I've often thought that.
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    I went from 38's to 36's, and I'm speeding through 34's and actually fitting into a few 32's now. I packed up 12 pairs of pants to take to the thrift store. While I was there, it dawned on me to buy my transitional size pants there...duh! About $3 to $5 bucks a pair. It takes a little time to weed through the crap but I've bought perfectly good Levi's that would have cost me $40 at the department store for only $5. And, if I drop enough to move down another size, this time I'm only out 5 bucks!
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Dropped so much cash last month buying a whole new wardobe. I let the one I had draw out for a really really long time. One here and there would not have helped. Basically I realized I looked like a little kid with his Dad's cloths on rofl.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat right now. Mercifully, there's a sale at old navy going on. But I had JUST BOUGHT a smaller size. Blargh.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to buy underwear! I always forget to buy the underwear...

Try Goodwill for a little while. Great deals, go down in a size and most of the clothes at this store by me still have the store tags!
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i hear ya! my pants are huge on me now too and due to my upcoming wedding i am way to strapped to by new clothes lol
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I bought pants at the end of May and most of them are falling off of me too. "Good problem to have." as my co-workers would say. I've started wearing my pants higher on my waist. That helps. Also a belt. That's all I got.

SPS....Saggy Pant Syndrome. Just something us losers have to deal with :)
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    When I started this quest I was wearing size 40 pants and they were kinda snug. The past few weeks I have been wearing size 38 pants. Now the 38 is falling down.

Having to keep pulling up my pants is really, really annoying. At the same time, as annoying as it is, it also makes me smile a little. Just a little, it's still really annoying.

Just buy smaller pants you say? Yeah, well, that starts adding up to real money pretty quickly ya know. I've only had the ones that are falling down today for a couple of weeks for crying out loud. I haven't got my money's worth out them yet (I hate wearing cheap clothing).

I'm thinking that, until I get down to my goal weight, I'm going to have to start buying those pants with the stretchy waistbands so I can wear them for a while.

Anyway, thanks MFP and FitBit, this stuff actually works!
    Lol...and yet, in your profile picture I see...gasp!...suspenders! Or were you wearing two shoulder holsters?:devil:
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    The most wonderfully annoying thing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!