Needing Some Support

Options
Hello,
My name is Renee and I have been in a constant battle with trying to lose weight and actually sticking to it. I have always been overweight and around eighth grade I just gave up. I started joining in with the jerks at school. Making jokes about my weight and how I looked. I let my grades slip. I oa lot heavier. I am 294 pounds right now. The heaviest I have ever been in my life. I have been on and off with losing weight. I always seem to gain it all back. I avoid mirrors and cameras as much as I can. I hate the way I look and because of that it has added a lot of mess to my depression. I am so tired of always feeling worthless and feeling like I will never be good enough for anyone. I have had an account here before. I gave up after a week. This time I want to finish I have a lot to lose and I would love the support from everyone. I know this Journey is going to be very very hard. I just need to continue to tell myself that I can move forward.
Thank You.
-M

Replies

• niamsinno
    niamsinno Posts: 5
    Options
    Dear Renee,

I totally feel with you as I am in a similar situation. I have had 7 miscarriages and have gained tremendous weight following each miscarriage that I have had to lose, then gain again, etc. I am happy to be your fitness buddy if that is the kind of support you need.
  • JessMySize
    JessMySize Posts: 130
    Options
    Hey Renee!

Cheer up, I know how you feel... :) Almost anyway, I'm in High School (and I started at 201.0) and I'm looking to lose 67.8 pounds. I'll add you, and I'm sure this time around MFP will become a huge success, together we can do this, I normally don't say that, but I've lost 8 pounds so far with the help of MFP, and my MFP friends. :) Add coming your way!

P.S: We'll move forward. :)
  • softdemonplaya
    softdemonplaya Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you so you are definately not alone in that matter. This is my first week with mfp and honestly i love it. I get inspiration on here every day where I would get nothing but negativity at home. You can do this. Give it a chance and you will probably be surprised on how well it works... Add me if your want a friend, I can always use more of them :-)
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You have to take it one day at a time. You would be amazed at how much the human body can go through. I have been on here since Jan 2012 and have lost 47 lbs here and 57 totaled.I won't lie to you, it's not easy but if you set your mind to it and set little intermediate goals, you can do this. It is a lifestyle change. There are great people on here to support you if you want and need it. Feel free to add me if you would like. I was up to 271 lbs at one time and I know how you may feel but you and only you have the ability to do something about it. Whether you add me or not, I wish you the best!! Good luck Renee.
  • SwtMelissa86
    SwtMelissa86 Posts: 165
    Options
    add me as a friend... i will support you ...:) chin up...it gets better
  • ldg323
    ldg323 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi Renee

You have already taken the first step toward defeating this monster. It can take over your whole life if you let it. Take one day, and sometimes one hour at a time and you will be successful. If you mess up, start again. There's no maximum number of times you can start over!

Log everything, come to the site numerous times a day for support. There is plenty here if you would like it. Educate yourself and get up and move a little each day.

Feel free to add me if you would like and we can support each other!

Linda
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Okay, honeybunch. Here's the deal. You need to make the decision. It looks like you're already moving in the right direction, but not a single one of us is going to be able to force you to do what you need to do.

Like someone else said, take it a day at a time. Take it slow. Remember at all times to be kind to yourself. All of these are much easier to type than to do.

I wish you luck.

By the way- I also live with depression. It can be a huge impediment. If you haven't talked to your doctor about it, I'd strongly recommend it. Getting on the right meds or finding ways to cope with the mental will often make the physical side much easier.
  • URMy_Paradise
    Options
    Thank You everyone who has replied to my topic.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Wow Renee, well done to you for wanting to take control :-) I am sure this time around with MFP you will do just great.

What works for me is setting little goals, so it doesn`t seem like a long hike.

Depression is real hard, I am lucky I only go through it for short spells. But I am sure now you are taking control of things that the `cloud` will start to lift for you.
  • tlroesch72
    tlroesch72 Posts: 21
    Options
    You are not alone! Hang in there!
  • haylienicoleb
    Options
    Hey Girl you know im allways here when you need support. I will be there to help you anyway i can and i know you can do it.
    -H :happy:
  • r3princesses
    r3princesses Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I began on this journey a lil over a week ago and lost 6.4 pounds....however, I wouldnt have been able to do it if it werent for the support of MFP! I am adding you now. I am right there with you about being overweight my whole life....except now I have 3 beautiful daughters I need to stay healthy and alive for!! We can do this together!
  • vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It isn't easy...but I make the choice every day to become healthier. I have had set backs in this journey but I am learning to pick myself up and keep going. You can too! You should be proud of the steps you are taking. Feel free to add me.