Any awesome DANCING dvds/ workouts out there?

I want to get into exercising daily but i don't want to feel like i am working out. I want to sweat and burn fat by dancing and doing cardio. Right now I'm playing the Michael Jackson Experience on the Wii, a little bit of Zumba and a Booty Ballet Burlesque Style video, but i would like something more. Something upbeat and fast and good. If anyone knows a good dancing workout i'd love to know!! :drinker:

Replies

• RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Just sent you a msg with some ideas..
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Zumba and Dance 3 I think are very good workouts.. I like working out with Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos.. http://www.walkathome.com/about/leslie-sansone/ this is her website and there are a couple of try its on there as well..
    Hope you will check them out..
    Have a good night
    Kathy:drinker:
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    I love Jennifer Galardi's dance DVD workouts. She has a bunch, but my favorite is Hip-Hop Dance Party. So much fun and she breaks down the moves in a separate part of the DVD if you need it. You will definitely sweat. I also have her "Dance it Off" DVD that has hip-hop, jazz and ballet sections. Really fun! I would probably buy any DVD she makes.
  • Bijoux_Bug
    Bijoux_Bug Posts: 36
    Thanks! I'm definitely looking into these suggestions!
  • ryanlove12
    ryanlove12 Posts: 20
    I have a turbo fire DVD that is awesome.. not my thing, but clients love it
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    TURBOFIRE!!! I cannot rave enough about this workout. It's kickboxing set to freaking awesome music, mostly club hip hop! I bought the set 2 years ago and still use it every week, it's that much fun!
  • reden324
    reden324 Posts: 33
    Sean T's Rockin' Body- Great workout and really fun!
  • HeidiYogi
    HeidiYogi Posts: 81 Member
    Sean T's Rockin' Body- Great workout and really fun!

I second Shaun T's Rockin' Body! Super fun and a GREAT workout!! I also do Zumba but in classes because they are more intense (well, depending on the instructor). Have fun finding new things! :-)
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Totally agree with TurboFire... Best music ever and so much fun.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    I lithe p*ssycat dolls workout and burlesque beat. Bellydance is fun, but more about control/form than cardio (IMO).
  • JLD81
    JLD81 Posts: 133 Member
    Core Rhythms is awesome. It's like Zumba on steroids. It's made by dance instructors rather than aerobics instructors.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Turbo Jam. I can PM you some links if you want.
  • thickgirl25
    thickgirl25 Posts: 36 Member
    I love this topic, I was wondering the same thing
  • Sean T's Rockin body workouts are great! I have a lot of fun doing them, and you get a great ab workout without ever doing crunches on the floor.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Just put on "Dance Mix 93" and flail around your house.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Dancing With the Stars have some fun workout dvd's out too!
  • I really like Hip Hop Abs with Sean T. Gets those abs a great work out!
  • I really like Turbofire. The other night I was doing one of the DVDs and my 8 year old daughter told me I looked like a teenager doing the workout. It's tough until you learn all the moves. But once you do it a few times, it's awesome.
  • I love Hula workouts with Kili. You can choose a bunch of different versions...ie hula hip hop, hula weight loss....they are affordable (usually $3 a dvd) and a ton of fun. I also enjoy Dancing with the Stars workouts. New York Ballet Company has a great 2 set workout dvd. Its intense but totally worth it if you are looking for something "slower". You will move fast and sweat your butt off but in a controlled way.
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    Just Dance 3 and 4 on the Wii are awesome! So much fun they don't even feel like workouts. My friend and I can spend an hour on it without even realizing how much time as gone by!