Newbie needs help please!

Options
Hello All!
Ima newbie here, and just getting things going. So far since I started my food diary, everyday I am finishing the day with extra calories, and carbs, but going WAY over on Protein, and a tiny bit over on Fat. Can't quite seem to figure this out. Any suggestions or tips to help me with this??? I am supposed to be doing 1200 calories a day per the doc. She wants me to try and do low carb, but the suggested carbs are whew, way high. MFP suggests 1200 Calories/173 Carbs/42 Fat/47 Protein, based on my weight, what I want to lose, and the suggested caloric intake by the doc.

Where can I pick up some Calories, and Carbs, but lose the fat, and protein? Would appreciate any insight you guys may offer!

Tracee

Replies

• linwaggs
    linwaggs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Keep the protien, it helps you stay full. I am aiming for about 100 g a day. I try to stick with 40% carbs, 30% protien and 30% fat and have lost almost 15 pounds sine the beginning of June.
  • trvlagt4u
    trvlagt4u Posts: 5
    Options
    Waggs that is awesome! thanks for the tip! will do my best.
  • trvlagt4u
    trvlagt4u Posts: 5
    Options
    Waggs, so based on the numbers I listed below, what would the actual numbers be at 40% carbs, 30% fat, and 30% protein? I am so not a math wiz. :-)