low cal snacks- struggling to stay in limit

Options
i lived on biscuits crisps and choc so my diet this week is a diff but apart from fruit and yoghurt i dont no what to snacks on things that seem low cal ob arent as i keep goin over my limit making me feel a failure even though im lower than i was,. can any1 gimme any ideas on low cal snacks and quick meals

Replies

• frostyswife
    frostyswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    any1 pls
  • funicello
    funicello Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many calories or what flavor you are looking for but here are a few ideas for snacks:

Fresh Veggies w/ Hummus, Salsa, Guacamole or Bean Dip (preferably homemade so you can control the ingredients)
    Sugar Free Jello or Pudding
    Raw Nuts / Seeds - can be sprayed w/ cooking spray, toasted & flavored to fit whatever taste you are craving - cocoa powder, cayenne pepper, garlic, etc
    Toasted Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
    Grilled / Baked Fruit - baked apples or pears w/ cinnamon & nutmeg, grilled pineapple w/ honey
    Fruit w/ Nut Butters
    Frozen Banana Popsicles - can be rolled in cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa powder, coconut flakes, honey, nuts, etc
    Banana "Soft Serve" - puree frozen banana - you can add cinnamon, nutmeg, cocoa powder, coconut milk, almond milk, nuts, honey, etc
    Pureed Pumpkin - add cinnamon & nutmeg (think pumpkin pie spice)
    Homemade Baked Veggie Chips - potatoes, peppers, onions, kale, etc
    Air Popped Popcorn - add your own seasonings - garlic, cheese, cracked pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, chives, cayenne / chili pepper

As for Meals, I am doing the Eat to Live 6 week plan. I try to eat 1 lb of raw veggies / salad, 1 lb of cooked veggies, 4 or more fruits & 1 cup of beans per day. So I eat fruit for breakfast, a HUGE salad with salsa & hummus for lunch & grilled / roasted / broiled veggies for supper with hummus. Sometimes I have extra fruit for lunch & I have more for dessert. I no longer eat salt, sugar, meat / eggs, dairy or oil. During the 6 week plan I also eliminate all grains / starchy vegetables, nuts / seeds, avocados.

What plan are you on - just low calorie, low carb, low fat, high protein...?

My favorite meal right now is grilled portabella mushrooms, vidalia onions, bell pepper, jalapeno peppers & tomatoes. I don't use oil anymore. Just cooking spray & I season with Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle or Extra Spicy seasoning. We have also used frozen veggie mixes on the grill & they turned out awesome too. I used to add a slice of pepperjack cheese & that was delicious.

Sorry this is long & rambled but if you could give more info on what you are looking for it would help! :0)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Check out Joseph's Flax pitas or tortillas. Add an ounce of sliced turkey or ham, a tsp of mustard, and as many veggies as you want, and you'll still be only about 100 calories - very filling.
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    tuna pots and bananas are my fav..
  • lengirl75
    lengirl75 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Changemyfate
    Changemyfate Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You definately need snacks & I like to eat protein or fruit usually. I keep boiled eggs, string cheese, L.F. cottage cheese, almonds, and seasonal & frozen fruit on hand. Sometimes I'll have a rice cake or raw non-starchy veggies. A slice of 2% cheese isn't too high either. Check out hungrygirl.com for many more ideas.
  • gingerkidd42
    Options
    snack packs are actually a good snack too. they’re only 100 cal. and usually i pair it with a banana. i feel pretty full for a while.

ruffles also makes chips that have half the cals and half the fat of regular chips. i pair those with lunch usually. so i can satisfy my salty cravings and not over-do it with the calories.

still looking for better snacks for myself too. i’m not a very big fruit person, so finding a healthier snack that i actually want to eat is hard.

pudding & banana. can’t go wrong.
  • frostyswife
    frostyswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    yep basically just eat less calories was main factor low in fat etc ive never dieted before so i dont really no whats best! never thought of ricecakes tbh ! im a mum of 2 so ob would like to keep cost and time to prepare down im not into cous cous hummus chickpeas pumpkins etc my diet is very plain and simple due to ibs and being fussy hehe! i like banana apple grapes strawberries but thats bout the only fruit i can eat i eat most veg just would like a snack thats not naughty but fills me a little more i dont find fruit doing this.thanks for ur replies!