Replies

• ARyding17
    ARyding17 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I make these about once a month. I add coconut to mine. Then I freeze the balls. Yum! I eat them frozen.
  • Gabster25
    Gabster25 Posts: 6
    Options
    This sounds yummy. However, it says 1 cup oatmeal. Is that cooked oatmeal or one cup of oats? Just wanted clarification. Thanks
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    is the nutritional info per ball?
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome! I might make it, replacing the oats with coconut. Thanks for posting <3
  • freckledfrog
    Options
    The recipe I found on Pinterest is a little bit different than the OP. It calls for less honey and toasted coconut.

This is the recipe I use and I keep them in the fridge for an after workout snack. Love them!! My kids love them too!!

http://gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bump for later when I have some time to try out new recipes :)
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am in love with this recipie! It is so easy and AMAZING! You have got to try it. I have a major addiction to cookie dough and anything about them and here is a healthy recipie for cookie dough tasting things!

They are orignally from pintrest and you can bet that I will be making them again, and again, and again.

INGREDENTS:

1 cup oatmeal
    1/2 cup peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
    1/2 cup ground flax
    1/2 honey
    1/2 cup dark choclate chips (this is what I added but feel free to leave it out or add other nuts or dried fruit!)

DIRECTIONS:

1. mix together all ingredents
    2. refrigerate for around 30 minutes
    3. roll up into little balls and store in the refrigerater! (This makes around 15 balls)

NUTRITION: calories 134 carbs 17 protein 4 fiber 3 sugar 10

YUMMY!!! I have all of those ingredients already (except the choc chips) but I am definitely going to make these...Thanks!! :)
  • Dawn793
    Dawn793 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am so going to try this!!! yum
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I found these on Pinterest a few months ago and I try to keep them stocked in my fridge. My kids love them! I do too. :) I use my small Pampered Chef scoop and get about 32-36 balls in one batch so each one is about 55-60 calories.

I get ground flaxseed at Walmart. It's next to the flour/corn meal/yeast at my store.

ETA: IMO, they taste better the longer they are refrigerated. My kids will eat them right after I mix them up but I think they taste too flaxseed-y. The longer they sit, the better the flavors meld.

You definitely answered the question I was going to ask....Would kids like this? My 3yr old loves cookie dough and tries to sneak bites of it b/c I won't let him eat it & if this is a favorite of your kiddos then I bet mine will love them as well!! Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

ETA: One last question to anyone....How long will they last in the fridge? Can I freeze some for later? Only my 3yr old would be eating them & I would hate for most of them to go bad...Thanks in advance for an answer. :happy:
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Ooh lovley. Might try these. I miss a sweetish treat.
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I make these allll the time! They're so tasty and filling. Might go ahead and make a new batch now....
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    What is so healthy about this? Add butter and egg and it IS cookie dough.

Why not just call it 75% cookie dough?
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I made some of these a couple of days ago but didn't have the flax like I thought so made them w/o. What would the flax have added or subtracted? I ended up making only 12 (as well as using sugar free honey) so they are 168 cals each.....and I put them in the freezer....they make a yummy snack....

Could probably decrease the sugar/fat/calories by using less peanut butter and/or lower fat PB or natural PB....

Wonder how they would taste using cocoa to make them chocolate instead of the chocolate chips.......
  • ChelseaCousins
    Options
    Sounds Yummy So Gunna Try This :)
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I made some of these a couple of days ago but didn't have the flax like I thought so made them w/o. What would the flax have added or subtracted? I ended up making only 12 (as well as using sugar free honey) so they are 168 cals each.....and I put them in the freezer....they make a yummy snack....

Could probably decrease the sugar/fat/calories by using less peanut butter and/or lower fat PB or natural PB....

Wonder how they would taste using cocoa to make them chocolate instead of the chocolate chips.......

I like flax because it's a great source of fiber, antioxidents, and Omega-3s.