What size is this?

Options
I offically hate clothing sizes!!! I can't figure out the sizes at all! Is there any 5'9 woman out there with the measurements 36, 24, 36 or 36, 32, 39? If so what size are you in clothes? I seem to be ranging from an 8 to a 14! Gah!! Darn the fashion industry!

Replies

• leighoconnell
    Options
    I only ask because I am getting ready to shop for a wedding dress.
  • Raeann
    Options
    Wedding dresses have their own sizing! lol, it seems anyways.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, wedding dresses are on some weird sizing system all their own. My older sister got a size 6 (wore an 8 or so at the time), I got a size 16 (wore a 12 at the time), and my younger sister got a size 4 (wore a 6). Of course, mine got alterred quite a bit (I had to get a larger size because of my chest measurement.:blushing: I would say, if there is a David's Bridal anywhere near you, go in, try on dresses to your hearts desire. You don't have to buy (all the ones I've dealt with were pretty low pressure), but it will give you an idea of what style you like and what size you'll need.

Have fun!
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I was a 10 and like 150 lbs when I went wedding dress shopping and I still came out of the store with a size 14 or so. Shopping for a wedding dress never makes you feel thin! It was depressing (size wise) lol
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    It also depends on the designer. When I was looking for a dress I could wear a size 12-16 depending on style and designer. I could try on one 14 and it be falling of me and another 14 would not even zip. The best thing to do is try some on and see what happens.