Hello Everyone

Options
I just found out about this site because a member posted your link on a totally unrelated board.

I am a married woman age 50 mother of 2 grown adults and am an empty nester. When I met my husband 10 years ago I weighed 90lbs less than I do now. Looking back I may have been too skinny since I am 5' 11" When we married 6 years ago I weighed 40lbs less than now.

I am fully aware that the majority of the weight gain is because I lead a more sedentary lifestyle (no longer going out dancing 4 or 5 nights a week) and eating family style meals 3 times a day. A portion of it is because of some BP medications that I take.

Nevertheless I am determined to lose 40 pounds. It looks like this site will be a great tool for tracking progress and goal setting.

I hope to have positive results and look forward to the comaraderie that is available here.

Cheers!

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a wonderful site with supportive people. Surf through the message boards, you'll find lots of advice and motivation! :flowerforyou:
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. This is a great place for info and support. You will have great success if you just put your heart and your mind into it. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • camrauch
    Options
    You will do really well if you will daily chart your meals on this website....guaranteed to lose weight if you will be faithful in your endeavors! And it turns into fun too realizing how many calories are in certain foods and what foods you can substitute and still enjoy and lose weight! Sort of like a game! Find some fun way to exercise and you will be very proud of yourself!
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome!!! You have found a great place! Lots of support and great ideas!
    We all look forward to your sucess!
    Hugs!:flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard and don’t lose sight of your goal.
    This site changed my life and it can change yours

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises. :laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. The best way to find a group is to go to the message boards and read a lot of the threads until you find a group that has what you want, then reply and say you want to join and then participate regularly with them and get to know them. My groups are women 50+ and senior golden sneakers.