Do you eat back the calories you've earned?

Options
I had a pretty good breakfast and lunch. Then I went to Zumba and burned off a bunch of calories which got my calories back to over 1,000 something. Then I ate salmon, rice, and veggies for dinner. I'm very full. But it says I have 700 more calories left to eat. I may eat an apple later on, but I don't think I want to eat anymore till breakfast.

Just wondering if I should eat more or it doesn't matter? I've read that starvation mode is a myth. I'm confused lol. Help please! Thanks

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    www.shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com

:smile:
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I eat back about half. I figure that's close enough given the inaccuracies in the numbers involved. Assuming your net calories aren't extremely low, and you're not hungry, then don't force yourself to eat. I've eaten about 1,950 calories today, and still have over 600 exercise calories left. I'm not going to eat them.
  • dhiannon
    dhiannon Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    .........Yes!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I always eat mine. But I'm also a pig who's always hungry. Try having some peanut butter with that apple. Its delicious and one table spoon is 95 calories. If you had 2 or 3 tbsp with the apple it would bring you much closer to your goal without stuffing you.
  • sin2001
    sin2001 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    w it comes to excersize its a burn, as long as your eating right and feel ok then I would not eat after a work out. If anything if it allows put down some protein it promotes healing for the muscles used. Its a mistake alot of people on here make is eating the calories the excersized off. Listen to your body it knows best. But if its saying oh some cake sounds good then say hmm satan get off my shoulder.