Stay out of this section if you don't like these posts....

Options
I've noticed these posts lately that are bashing people that ask for motiviation or "begging for friends"... Excuse me but you are in a message board titled "introduce yourself".... you put yourself out there to meet new people. The "newbies" who would like to meet new supportive friends put it out there...."Hey, here I am and this is what I'm looking for" If you don't like these kinds of posts, go to another section! You should know by now what is in this section and if it bothers you so much, don't read them!! There are a bunch of other places you can go to find what you are looking for. Quit the people bashing. We all have come here for the same purpose.... support, motiviation, questions, answers, learning, friends... Let it be!!!

Replies

• StopherJJ
    StopherJJ Posts: 79
    Options
    I LOVE THIS!!!! Thank You SO much for saying it!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • georgie_lou
    georgie_lou Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Agree!! Having friends on here who are onthe same journey push me to do the best I can. I love motivating others and being motivated at the same time! Add me if you want good motivation!
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If nothing else, those rant posts can generally be good for a laugh...
  • Zoeegirl
    Zoeegirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    To their defense, if you're on your home page looking at the "recent topics" ticker over to the right side, you really have no way of knowing which section the thread belongs to.
  • kbairdphillips
    kbairdphillips Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    AMEN
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I agree. :drinker:
    I love friends, and when I joined I came here and found most of mine.
    I'm very thankful for them and if I didn't have their support I wouldn't be doing as well.
  • feyfaye
    feyfaye Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you...I'm a newbie and appreciate what you've said!:flowerforyou:
  • PandaPants612
    Options
    Exactly!

If you don't want to read these posts, then dont click on them. Simple as that.

Plus, I've seen tons of these posts with people complaining about this in just the past day or two. It takes a lot more effort to start drama on the forums than it does to simply ignore.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    MikeDaMotivator Posts: 1,144
    Options
    I've noticed these posts lately that are bashing people that ask for motiviation or "begging for friends"... Excuse me but you are in a message board titled "introduce yourself".... you put yourself out there to meet new people. The "newbies" who would like to meet new supportive friends put it out there...."Hey, here I am and this is what I'm looking for" If you don't like these kinds of posts, go to another section! You should know by now what is in this section and if it bothers you so much, don't read them!! There are a bunch of other places you can go to find what you are looking for. Quit the people bashing. We all have come here for the same purpose.... support, motiviation, questions, answers, learning, friends... Let it be!!!

*Whispers* I guess this post was about me. Ill just tip toe on out. Sorry. :indifferent:
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    There are some people on here that have no intentions of getting in shape. They just want someone to talk to.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    There are some people on here that have no intentions of getting in shape. They just want someone to talk to.

Your profile pic looks delicious!!! I hope you dont change it because then this comment might seem creepy then. LOL.
  • kazoooo8
    kazoooo8 Posts: 71
    Options

*Whispers* I guess this post was about me. Ill just tip toe on out. Sorry. :indifferent:

Thanks for owning up and yeah I guess it was. Even on your own page you say you want to help people acheive their goals and after losing 200 lbs (wow!!) you certainly could be an inspiration to many (and I am sure you are) if we just let people seek out friends by beg, borrow or stealing them :happy:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

Thanks for owning up and yeah I guess it was. Even on your own page you say you want to help people acheive their goals and after losing 200 lbs (wow!!) you certainly could be an inspiration to many (and I am sure you are) if we just let people seek out friends by beg, borrow or stealing them :happy:

LOL. The post got out of control. Clearly not my intention but either way I sometime do things that are clearly not my intention. Does that make it right? no. I am not as big of a jerk as the post portrayed but I am certaily the one willing to help. I just get a little bothered by the way that people ask for freinds but I will let them do whatever they feel they should do. *Exits quietly again unless spoken to again*
  • kazoooo8
    kazoooo8 Posts: 71
    Options

LOL. The post got out of control. Clearly not my intention but either way I sometime do things that are clearly not my intention. Does that make it right? no. I am not as big of a jerk as the post portrayed but I am certaily the one willing to help. I just get a little bothered by the way that people ask for freinds but I will let them do whatever they feel they should do. *Exits quietly again unless spoken to again*
    I can totally understand it getting out of control and it wasn't JUST your post, it was some others I read today too about asking for motivation like it was a bad thing, I mean, aren't we all here for the same things? Well maybe not all and there are those that like to cause drama and start fights but that wasn't my purpose either. Just think we need to let things slide if its not our cup of tea... its easier to just to ignore what you don't want to read. .
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

I can totally understand it getting out of control and it wasn't JUST your post, it was some others I read today too about asking for motivation like it was a bad thing.

Ohhhh I didnt see that one. I just thought I was the only evil guy today. Either way to many people called me mean tonight so Im going to go consume 24 squares of raw cookie dough. Choclate Chip! I love Choclate Chip!!
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options

Ohhhh I didnt see that one. I just thought I was the only evil guy today. Either way to many people called me mean tonight so Im going to go consume 24 squares of raw cookie dough. Choclate Chip! I love Choclate Chip!!

Save a square for me! That's my fav kind! :smokin:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

Save a square for me! That's my fav kind! :smokin:

LOL. Will try they are my fav too.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    this is great, the more the friends the better