Anyone else using Wii Fit Plus to lose weight? Progress?

Options
I'm 25 and currently 134 and started out about a week ago at 136. I'm only 4'10 and diabetes and high blood pressure and lots of other illnesses run in my family so you can see why I'd like to adapt a healthier life. Unlike most I'm not doing insanity or p90x anything of the sort. I'm asthmatic and I find the wii fit to be just the right pace for me. I enjoy being able to customize everything to my liking as well. I'm just wondering if anyone else out there uses the wii for weight loss purposes and how effective it is or should I consider other options?

Replies

• lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My husband and I use the Wii to weigh in and we have used it for the games etc. If you use it, it does burn calories so that does count. I like the hulu hoop and the step ones. Any way you find that burns calories will work. It's all about how you eat and how you use what you eat. We have lost about 50 lbs each in 6 months with using walking as our main exercise. We started out doing 20 min. at a time. Now we can do 30 - 60 minutes at a time. Good luck!
  • lmr2526
    lmr2526 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks bunches! & That's awesome, congrats on your weight loss and progress! I'm definitely more motivated to stick with it now.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    love the Wii fit to learn the yoga positions on… great stuff..
  • lmr2526
    lmr2526 Posts: 12
    Options
    Yeah definitely. I underestimated Yoga. It's no joke lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!