After midnight...

Options
Tony_Brewski
Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
Ok so I just got home from the gym its past midnight and instead of taking my normal creatine mix my stomach was screaming for some Triscuts.

So... how do I log this? Friday or Thursday?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i dont think it matters.

i personally set my diary up from midnight to midnight just because i was curious to see what time frames i eat the most calories
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I would log it as thursday... If I haven't slept yet, it's still the same day to me. Unless of course I'm a million calories over and I'm having cheesecake... then it's Saturday! ;)
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    I would log it as thursday... If I haven't slept yet, it's still the same day to me. Unless of course I'm a million calories over and I'm having cheesecake... then it's Saturday! ;)

HAHAHA! I like your train of thought.
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

HAHAHA! I like your train of thought.

As do I! Freaking genius!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Seconding the "it's not tomorrow until I've slept" mindset. I stay up past midnight a lot and don't log the water I drink or the snacks I have on the day it now is because it's still "today" and not "tomorrow" to me yet.
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Because I work a swing shift, my days begin & end much later. So terms like breakfast, lunch & dinner didn't work for me-I was usually having breakfast during lunch time.

For sanity & consistency's sake I recategorizd my food diary to 4-hour slots. 12am-4am, 4am-8am, 8am-12pm, etc. Now there's no excuse for me to "forget" snacks I ate or to "push" calories into the next day. I just enter it when I eat it. This way I know I'm being consistent (and can clearly see when my problem snacking times are).
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Genius!

And yes, I too use the "it's not tomorrow until I sleep" attitude. I work nights and sometimes don't get home until after 12, so it just feels weird to have my day split in half like that.
  • cdpoole098
    cdpoole098 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I work 3rd at a hospital, and we are ALWAYS having parties.. So, I start at midnight and go that way.. So I eat "lunch" at 12:30 and drink water and natural tea with equal the rest of the night. I have hypothryroidism and I have to take my meal every morning at the same time on an empty stomach, so I have to stop eating by 1am. When I get off at 7:30 the hubby and I get breakfast, we sleep through the typical lunch period, which is like everyone elses sleeping period. I get up do my workout and cook dinner.. It works for me
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    oh, and if you have had a really bad food day, and you don't want your peeps to know about it... submit it after midnight! There's a bug in the app where it doesn't post to your wall that you finished your logging!

*woot woot*

EDIT: PS MFP... don't you dare fix that!