Small but satisfying NSV

Options
bholschuh
bholschuh Posts: 10 Member
I went to the gym tonight for my regular workout and feeling a little blah because the hubby just doesn't recognize the accomplishments I've made in the last year. So I did my run and I went to wipe down the treadmill andI noticed I was getting very blatantly checked out by a very nice looking young man, and here I was all sweaty and nasty. Well even though I'm married it still feels nice to be noticed now and again so it picked up my mood. Yeah Me!!!:blushing:

Replies

• kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Guess your hubby better start to notice, huh? :wink:
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yep, agree with previous post. You created a spark with a total stranger. You hubby needs to wake up. And on a positive note, it made you feel better. Isn't it all about? I say good for you. :)
  • bholschuh
    Options
    I think my husband is very threatened at this point. I showed him a pic of someones abs that I would die for yesterday and he told me that if I ever looked like that he would divorce me because it just did nothing for him. Nice right? Anyway my response was do what you gotta do I'm doing this for me not you.
  • cmayoung
    cmayoung Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow. I can't believe he would say something like that to you! Obviously, he feels insecure but I am sure he will get over it!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Is your hubby active and working out or does he like to just sit around? That makes such a difference.
  • bholschuh
    Options
    No he is not doing anything for himself I've tried taking him to the gym with me but we were there 10 min and he came up to me and said he would pick me up in an hour. He tried saying he just didn't like the gym I was going to but I think he's not ready to make a change and I know it can't be forced. I just wish he would be more supportive of me!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have known of other simular situations, one person is trying to get fit and be healthy. They find that they love working out and are starting to really see some results and then their SO gets insecure (some even bitter, grumpy and on occation even kinda mean). You know that it's because they want to look good too but really have no desire to work at it and when they see the other person looking better and better all the time, the feel left behind. I hope that he comes around before too long though. No matter what, you have lots of people cheering for you here!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!