Weekend eaters amongst us?

Options
How many of us, do very well during the week on the diet. But as soon as the weekend comes, the treats just suddenly appear and enter our mouths and before we know it, an extra 500-100 calories have been noted and all the hard work from the previous 5 days has been smashed!

Me and my partner used to have:
fajita friday and all the trimmings, dips etc with a beer. Big pack of sour cream and chive crisps with dips.
pasta box (from morrisons and a crispy roll) .chinese takeaway (sometimes both...) and always a weekly chocolate bar saturday
cooked breakfast and roast dinner with pudding sunday

So far, ive got no real treats planned this weekend...... YET!

Replies

• Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    arrghhh Saturday drinks, Sunday pub lunches really get me!!!! I'm saving myself all day for dinner and a film (batman) with my b/f tonight.
  • kirkyloon86
    Options
    Mines more the booze than food if I'm honest!! This weekend I'm really limiting myself, but also planning to go to the gym for work outs tonight and tomorrow morning so that I can earn enough calories to cover any naughties I have :)
  • Emily_fitat30
    Emily_fitat30 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I deffinatley fall into this category of weekend binges! Have found a delicious pudding of meringue nest with carte d'or light ice cream & berries all for 137calories it is a real treat! For roast dinners I've just cut down portion sizes & try to fit in as much exercise as possible to allow for going over on calories
  • Smelerz
    Smelerz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    if there was a gold member status that would be me!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    It's more the alcohol that fecks up my weekend rather than the food. Jagerbombs and doritos... lol
  • rwolfenden
    rwolfenden Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I was doing this before I got pregnant, the weekends were my downfall. We were always running around, going to the bar, grabbing pizza, fried appetizers or whatever we could. Now that I'm breastfeeding, I'm definitely not drinking as much as I used to, so I'm hoping that helps me to lose the baby weight. I'm a little nervous about this weekend as we have a lot of plans and will be running around a lot. I'm going to pack some fruit and trail mix in the diaper bag to munch on, and I think that will help me stay on track!
  • GemskiB
    GemskiB Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Generally I like to do a lot of cooking at the weekend, and these days I have just been challenging myself to cook filling tasty low cal meals. But last weekend we had friends visiting from Romania and this weekend my dad is visiting. Will be out and boozing this weekend, but my diary tells me the next few weekends are clear... my belly and my purse are both sighing at the relief of that!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I deffinatley fall into this category of weekend binges! Have found a delicious pudding of meringue nest with carte d'or light ice cream & berries all for 137calories it is a real treat! For roast dinners I've just cut down portion sizes & try to fit in as much exercise as possible to allow for going over on calories

that pudding sounds yum and low in cals - thanks for sharing :)
  • sabbers1982
    Options
    Oh definitely for sure, I end up waking up late, staying up late, my hunger is all over the place, then end up dialing the takeaway for something to eat. I'm trying to plan my meals for the weekend now.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Oooooh I am a total weekend BINGER!!!:blushing: I just end up eating loads of crisps, takeaways, icecreams, biscuits....you name it!!! And today I promised myself NO MORE, I might enjoy someting not so fattening on Sunday with my hubby, but none of this stuffing my face with bad stuff all weekend :bigsmile:
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    My problem is not eating real meals on the weekends. I bring my lunch to work during the week and (try to) limit myself to what I brought and eat a regular breakfast. Weekends throw me off, a bite of this a handful of that, etc. Sleep in so I don't want a regular breakfast because I plan on eating lunch soon.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I struggle with weekends as well. But I try to maintain my exercise level and that way I can stick to my calorie goal even if I eat a bit more. I don't tend to be a binger so unless I'm really bored I do alright. Also, I have a weigh-in on Monday this week so I want to keep myself on track to see a loss after two weeks.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I eat fewer calories on weekdays just so I have the extra room on weekends. And I plan active weekends as well, biking, hiking, walking all over, etc.
  • Aequitas503
    Options
    I tend to snack on weekends while I study. I've taken to putting my snacks inside my wardrobe in my room rather than in my desk drawer so at the very least I have to walk over and back to get them (if nothing else, it's extra exercise?)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    So far, ive got no real treats planned this weekend...... YET!
    This is your problem. If you end up eating tons "before you know it" then you need to plan out the weekend in advance. You can still include treats but if you plan ahead you can keep it to a reasonable amount.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Ya - weekends are my downfall. I'm looking to change that around though starting this weekend.

I've always told myself that I didn't have the willpower to not eat crap (especially if I've been drinking) so I just gave in to temptation because I told myself I couldn't help it. That's changing this weekend.

I've stopped smoking weed (I get horrible munchies) so that's been helping.

I'm going to still drink this Saturday (we have friends over at the cottage), but I'll make sure to get some exercise (swim/jog/yoga) to give me a few more calories, and I'm going to stick to vodka/gin and soda with lemon/lime. Looking forward to not having gained 3-5 lbs on Sunday, haha.

I also really like Elizabeth's comment about planning your snack beforehand. Might get a little bag of sweet potato chips for Saturday night.:)
  • jlynn6810
    jlynn6810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Packing lunches and healthy snacks during the work week helps me stay in control. The weekends are always full of "fun" plans though that always seem to revolve around food and drink. I am just trying to watch portion sizes during these "fun times" and I am going to bump up my weekend workouts.* Crossing fingers* the weekends do not sabotage my success. I want to lose weight and not be miserable in the process.
  • LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options

I've stopped smoking weed (I get horrible munchies) so that's been helping.

totally this for me too. I wasn't ever much of a boozer and with a medical condition I can't even get sometimes wasted, but I was definitly a pot smoker and just can't do it anymore due to the friggin muchies!!!!!!
  • kumitekg
    kumitekg Posts: 61
    Options
    Packing lunches and healthy snacks during the work week helps me stay in control. The weekends are always full of "fun" plans though that always seem to revolve around food and drink. I am just trying to watch portion sizes during these "fun times" and I am going to bump up my weekend workouts.* Crossing fingers* the weekends do not sabotage my success. I want to lose weight and not be miserable in the process.

I can relate to this! It is so much easier to keep the "routine" going when the schedule is fixed on workdays and so much more difficult when weekends arrive and there is company over, errands, erratic mealtimes.... but I don't want this to completely control my life either. Being reasonable and aware is the key I think.
  • flakeandcake
    Options
    My problem is not eating real meals on the weekends. I bring my lunch to work during the week and (try to) limit myself to what I brought and eat a regular breakfast. Weekends throw me off, a bite of this a handful of that, etc. Sleep in so I don't want a regular breakfast because I plan on eating lunch soon.

^^ this is exactly what I do! I'm never sure exactly how much I need on the weekend too, but my weekedays are way more regimented.