I want to love my mirror image

Options
Aosuag
Aosuag Posts: 30 Member
Hi, I decided to make a change to love my mirror image. While relatively active, work stress has contributed to my scale being unhappy with me. I just committed to the Insanity workout in addition to other exercises. Looking forward to the results.

Replies

• LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Fantastic first step mate. The biggest challenge with lifes games are the starting point. Where your mind is at from the get go. Saying out loud, what it is you WANT, can change your negatives to positives even when you dont believe what you are saying at the start.

If you go out with the negatives thoughts, when you look in your mirror, then you will bloody well believe them mate.

"I am fat, friggen heck thats bad"

"I dont like what I see"

"I am so unhealthy, its no wonder I have health issues", (blood pressure, diabetes, etc)

Change this crap to positive only. Even when you dont believe it. It all still works, this mental game.

"I am ok, I can accept this as its a work in progress"

"I love what I see"

"Heya sexy good looking" (oh and a wink with this statement is awesome).

And I do mean all of this while looking at yourself in the mirror. Tell yourself lies if thats what it takes. I'm saying this because I've done it. I never believed the positive self talk comments I had set myself to say. I looked at the mirror, said the words in my mind and also outloud, but didn't think that I believed it at all. That changed. And it didn't take long. With the scales showing results and my new found determination ever growing strong, I said the words and then started to believe them. I 'felt' them.

My mantra is: "I am a strong, independent and beautiful woman"

Oh and by gee, I totally believe it because I feel it and I see it. I can wink at myself without a whisp of vanity. Its all obvious sexiness showing. That positive vibe has grown that those closest to me have noticed. Of course I mean my partner and my kids are seeing a happier mummy.

Good luck with your journey. This is not a moment of change, it is not meant to be a diet that has a start and a stop date as thats when your weight loss also stops and goes backwards for you to put the weight lost back on again. This is totally a permanent lifestyle change. Something you set your mind to and then achieve.

You need to start with a motivation chart. Get a poster sized piece of cardboard. In the centre, write out the words of your personal 'mantra'. the words you want to get to. Like mine above as an example. Put pictures/photos etc of your goals you want to achieve. A photo of a car you want, a holiday destination, a savings amount, a body fat percentage, a study goal like university or college. A weight loss goal and with this you can put smaller ones to achieve. Say you want to lose 30 kgs, then put 5/10/15/20/15/30 kg marks so you can tick them off and visually see yourself reaching goals on your chart. This works well for the money savings one also like $100/$500/$1000/$1500 etc.

I really do hope this idea works for you. I love being able to share this info as it totally worked for me and still is working.

Set your goals, get your mantra words up within sight somewhere in your home and you will truly get what it is you want as you are training your brain to think so foremost. Its almost like having a personal coach to answer to. You say what it is you are trying to achieve and then because its been said, it has to be done. You are setting your very own accountability goal.

Take care, have fun, be good and if not, just be bloody good at it. What ever it is you set out to do :)
  • mineboy
    mineboy Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    WOW Lou,
    this is great/ beautiful sweet.xoxoxo:flowerforyou:
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im the same even when im lean and have abs and lots of people in the gym are saying that they would love to be in my shape i can never see! its a mental thing from being a fat kid. So i understand mate.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to hate what I see in the mirror. This is a good thread for me because I need to change my attitude. Losing my excess weight is just going to take time and I have to learn to accept who I am regardless of my current state.
  • Aosuag
    Aosuag Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love your input! Thanks for the insight and motivation.

Fantastic first step mate. The biggest challenge with lifes games are the starting point. Where your mind is at from the get go. Saying out loud, what it is you WANT, can change your negatives to positives even when you dont believe what you are saying at the start.

If you go out with the negatives thoughts, when you look in your mirror, then you will bloody well believe them mate.

"I am fat, friggen heck thats bad"

"I dont like what I see"

"I am so unhealthy, its no wonder I have health issues", (blood pressure, diabetes, etc)

Change this crap to positive only. Even when you dont believe it. It all still works, this mental game.

"I am ok, I can accept this as its a work in progress"

"I love what I see"

"Heya sexy good looking" (oh and a wink with this statement is awesome).

And I do mean all of this while looking at yourself in the mirror. Tell yourself lies if thats what it takes. I'm saying this because I've done it. I never believed the positive self talk comments I had set myself to say. I looked at the mirror, said the words in my mind and also outloud, but didn't think that I believed it at all. That changed. And it didn't take long. With the scales showing results and my new found determination ever growing strong, I said the words and then started to believe them. I 'felt' them.

My mantra is: "I am a strong, independent and beautiful woman"

Oh and by gee, I totally believe it because I feel it and I see it. I can wink at myself without a whisp of vanity. Its all obvious sexiness showing. That positive vibe has grown that those closest to me have noticed. Of course I mean my partner and my kids are seeing a happier mummy.

Good luck with your journey. This is not a moment of change, it is not meant to be a diet that has a start and a stop date as thats when your weight loss also stops and goes backwards for you to put the weight lost back on again. This is totally a permanent lifestyle change. Something you set your mind to and then achieve.

You need to start with a motivation chart. Get a poster sized piece of cardboard. In the centre, write out the words of your personal 'mantra'. the words you want to get to. Like mine above as an example. Put pictures/photos etc of your goals you want to achieve. A photo of a car you want, a holiday destination, a savings amount, a body fat percentage, a study goal like university or college. A weight loss goal and with this you can put smaller ones to achieve. Say you want to lose 30 kgs, then put 5/10/15/20/15/30 kg marks so you can tick them off and visually see yourself reaching goals on your chart. This works well for the money savings one also like $100/$500/$1000/$1500 etc.

I really do hope this idea works for you. I love being able to share this info as it totally worked for me and still is working.

Set your goals, get your mantra words up within sight somewhere in your home and you will truly get what it is you want as you are training your brain to think so foremost. Its almost like having a personal coach to answer to. You say what it is you are trying to achieve and then because its been said, it has to be done. You are setting your very own accountability goal.

Take care, have fun, be good and if not, just be bloody good at it. What ever it is you set out to do :)