Check your phone bill! Scam alert!

Options
RedVelvetCurls
RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
Hey guys. I'm making this topic for all of you in case the same thing happens to you.

Basically, what happened to me was, I noticed I've been paying way too much on my phone bills recently. I called my provider today, and the girl on the other end told me that I've been receiving text messages from 60133, which is an automated text update that charges £4.50 a time. I have never received any messages from this number, but I did as the girl advised and text STOP to 60133.
Suddenly, BAM, the entire conversation showed up. I had never, ever seen it before, and if I had I wouldn't have remained subscribed. They've been sending me messages for months! Stupid things like new app commercials, price lists, app development updates. They sent me a message right after saying I had unsubscribed, thank god.

Make sure this doesn't happen to you! If you've been paying too much on your phone recently and it doesn't make sense, you need to check your bill and see if you're subscribed to invisible text alerts!

Replies

• carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    thanks for the heads up- I wonder if that is a strictly Uk/European scam or if they are hitting over here in the US too! I'll keep an eye out!