Cottage Cheese butt and legs

Options
since i've gained weight i have the infamous cottage cheese, ripples on my butt and legs. as i start to get down to my normal weight, for those who have experienced this, did that cottage cheese look in your butt and legs go away?

Replies

• DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It's more genetics than weight, I've had them since I was about 14 (and a healthy fit 14) I hated it, looked up everything but there's not much you can do, it will reduce as you lose weight but it wont dissappear
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I saw a girl that had cellulite, I have a little bit too on my butt and legs, but she showed a before and after picture. Her cellulite was gone! She looked amazing! She said she did strength exercises with her legs, with weights. I'm starting to try it!

That's just a suggestion :smile: Because that's what I saw! Wish I could find her for you!
  • LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    For me - it did. Last year I lost a TON of weight (which I put back on but am in the process of taking off AGAIN) and it really reduced-meanwhile I was still 20lbs away from my goal weight. Especially if the cellulite was there after a weight gain. I can't remember a time when I DIDN'T have TONS of it on the fronts of my thighs and bum.

Keep drinking a lot of water-focus on squat-type exercises, pilates, yoga. I massage my cellulite with a lotion (any old one will do, you dont need to be concerned with spending a zillion dollars on cellulite cream) vigarously for about 15-20 minutes when I come out of the shower. It needs to be kneeded like bread to help break up the clumps.

You may not ever get rid of it ALL but you can definitly reduce some of it through weight loss, diet and exercise.

....(and liposuction if you save hah.)

xo
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I have thighs that are straight out of a horror movie BUT I will say that weight training has helped out tremendously. There isn't a lot you can do other than reducing your body fat but I highly reccomend weights to tighten up your legs as you're dropping fat.