NSV-- Target's Sizing

Options
My NSV today was pretty amazing, and a little saddening.
I'm 5'7" and about 121 pounds, with a 35 inch hips. I know there are people out there thinner than me. I'm sad because I want to know how they can shop for clothing without going to the children's section!

I went to Target Tuesday to get some pants (job interviews, yay!). There were these awesome ones on clearance, so I grabbed a size 4 and a size 2.
In the dressing room, the size 2 went up just fine. I was ecstatic-- I figured the 2 would be tighter, so I could loosen them up as the day went on. No way. By the end of the day (after purchasing them), they were frumpy and baggy.

Today, I went back to get the size 0 (nevermind my ecstatic state of being at the fact that I was a size 0!?!). Which, Target DOES NOT MAKE. 2 is their smallest size.
Am I smaller than the smallest size? :noway:

NSV: Thinner than I have been in YEARS!
Not so NSV: What about everyone else? How do you find pants that fit?! :frown:

Replies

• KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Size 0's for taller people like you can run pretty expensive @.@. For short people like me, I can just go to the junior's section to find a decent pair of pants that are the same size as a size 0 XDD . . .
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Meh. I'm still a 6-10 depending on where I'm shopping...

Awesome, though. I would fall over if I could fit my butt into a size 0!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhhh I wish I had that problem. But I should be happy just to be in a 4.....

I suggest take the 2s to a tailor and have them taken in, because it will still probably be cheaper than buying zeroes at Macy's or Ann Taylor etc.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Were they stretch denim? I always find that those get super baggy after wearing them for a day. I save up to buy one or two pairs of really, really good jeans, so this doesn't happen as often.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I have a hard time with targets sizes altogether, every one I get is snug at the beginning of the day and droopy at the end of the day :( I don't know if it's too much stretch or what but its annoying!

Congrats on the size 2 though!! Try the clearance racks at new York and co, I get target priced things there that hold up better ;)
  • meredith7801
    meredith7801 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My NSV today was pretty amazing, and a little saddening.
    I'm 5'7" and about 121 pounds, with a 35 inch hips. I know there are people out there thinner than me. I'm sad because I want to know how they can shop for clothing without going to the children's section!

I went to Target Tuesday to get some pants (job interviews, yay!). There were these awesome ones on clearance, so I grabbed a size 4 and a size 2.
    In the dressing room, the size 2 went up just fine. I was ecstatic-- I figured the 2 would be tighter, so I could loosen them up as the day went on. No way. By the end of the day (after purchasing them), they were frumpy and baggy.

Today, I went back to get the size 0 (nevermind my ecstatic state of being at the fact that I was a size 0!?!). Which, Target DOES NOT MAKE. 2 is their smallest size.
    Am I smaller than the smallest size? :noway:

NSV: Thinner than I have been in YEARS!
    Not so NSV: What about everyone else? How do you find pants that fit?! :frown:

wish i had this problem also!!
  • zophiel67
    zophiel67 Posts: 181
    Options
    I have a hard time with targets sizes altogether, every one I get is snug at the beginning of the day and droopy at the end of the day :( I don't know if it's too much stretch or what but its annoying!

Congrats on the size 2 though!! Try the clearance racks at new York and co, I get target priced things there that hold up better ;)

I've noticed this, too. Maybe we should all boycott till they fix it.

Great job with the loss!
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options

I agree, the fabric may be flimsy :/
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I really dislike the stretchy fabric Target uses in most of their pants. Old Navy, Ann Taylor and Express are three brands I know have 0 Long. Since I'm a shortie it's easier to find 0's that fit and some brands even make 00 petites.

Women's pants are just a big headache, there seems to be no sense to how brands determine their sizes.
  • siwelh
    siwelh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I wondered the same thing, I'm a 2 at Target, so I wondered what I would be at Old Navy- I was also a 2. Needless to say, since I was a 14 in Dec, this was pretty freaking awesome!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    yeah I have the sagging by noon problem. It makes me feel so frumpy!

My complaint with clothing is that the sizing is different EVERYWHERE. Depending on what store i'm in, I might be a 4, I might be a 7. Then the seven makes me upset, I know it shouldnt but it does. Why cant they all just be the same?
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    yeah I have the sagging by noon problem. It makes me feel so frumpy!

My complaint with clothing is that the sizing is different EVERYWHERE. Depending on what store i'm in, I might be a 4, I might be a 7. Then the seven makes me upset, I know it shouldnt but it does. Why cant they all just be the same?

Seriously! With guys, the waist and length measurement is standard and almost always works, no matter what store you're in.
    Even WOMEN'S waist-size based sizing differs in inseam, length, and style. It's our fascination with "curvy," "boot," "skinny," and "flare" styles that really alter our ability to find properly fitting pants I think :/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!