Replies

• 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I usually eat my exercise calories...there have been days where I was so busy that I would forget about 100-200cals but nothing serious.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I average around 1700-1800 cals per day. I burn between 300-500 on workout days. I eat at least half my exercise cals back.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I burn 1000-1100 calories a day, and I consume between 1200-1400 a day, and I've lost 7 lbs in 10 days.

At least half of of this loss is lean mass. You are going to hit you goal weight and still be fat, and with less muscle requiring calories have less of an ability to burn calories, so when you get off this unsustianbale "diet" the weight will come right back, but the ratio of fat to lean mass will be much higher.

I really hope you reconsider your plan here.
  • jamical
    jamical Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I try to stay between 1500 and 1650 cals per day (during the week) and burn about 400-600 cals per workout, and I workout 3/5 days. I do allow myself to eat back some exercise cals too. However, on the weekends, I indulge a bit and get closer to 2100-2200 cals per day, working out both days but not eating back exercise cals. I've been on my journey since Jan 2010, and I would definitely tell you to listen to what your body tells you it needs. As you continue on your path, you'll discern what your body is asking for vs. what your emotions are pushing you to consume. Once you tune into your body, it's not hard to tweak your intake to accommodate its needs. It will take time, so be patient and be kind to yourself in the meantime.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I avg 1500 a day~eating back my exercise calories. Figure I work hard for those extra calories, they are mine to eat!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Started out being allowed to eat 2000 calories a day and was gradually reduced to 1500.

Started out burning 200 calories a day and gradually increased to 1000.

RARELY eat my exercise calories.
  • siwelh
    siwelh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When I started, I my net was 1200 a day. Now that I am much, much smaller, but still have maybe 8 lbs to go, I am at 950 net.

I eat back my calories (use the Polar FT40 for accurate calorie determination) and have taken a couple of "maintenance weeks" (where I up my calories to just maintain, not lose) to give my body a break, and always have great losses after.

Please keep in mind, I am a small person- 5'3, very small frame, so I don't need as may calories as most would.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1300-1400 calories a day and burn 500-700 a day (5 days a week). I don't always eat back what I burn, but may eat back a few.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!