eat calories that i walked ???

Options
I have been dieting and working out at the gym 3 times a week. On my calories intake it says i need 1,200 which is fine with me but when I walk 5 miles and lose 631 calories, do I need to eat those calories to? I have been adding my workouts on here and it adds though but I dont understand why I need to eat that much if I am trying to lose.

Replies

• McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    do I need to eat those calories to?

Yes
  • McBully4
    Options
    OK, any second i'm sure you will ask why? So i'll assume you set your calories to something ridiculous like 1200 or less. So lets imagine you go to the mall with $1200 just walking around this "mall" costs you 800 to keep you alive in the "mall" for a day so thats spent you now have $400, you go into some store and just bought a purse for 631, what happened, your card got declined, you die.
  • mevelt83
    mevelt83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I put my weight and height and all the information in and it put my calories intake as 1,200, I totally understand what you are saying but what if i cant eat up to my calories all the time. Will ONE time hurt me????
  • McBully4
    Options
    No you will be fine, I've eaten every single calorie back since I started, honestly it motivates me to burn more calories so I can eat more. It works, check out eat more weigh less. Just make reasonable choices eat healthy snacks, no junk food. The one thing you can't out lift is your fork.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    one time won't but multiple times will.
  • mevelt83
    mevelt83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Okay. Last night I didn't eat all my calories from working out and I gained .8 oz's back. Wth???
  • McBully4
    Options
    Okay. Last night I didn't eat all my calories from working out and I gained .8 oz's back. Wth???

Give it some time.
  • cfreiler
    cfreiler Posts: 3
    Options
    I absolutely love that last sentence. Keep them coming.
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    +.8 oz Is water, not Fat. If you are going to weight yourself everyday expect there to be fluctuations.