So excited about this NSV!!!

Options
Jessyka4
Jessyka4 Posts: 14 Member
Yesterday my mom decided to take me out for some new clothes as an early birthday gift. When we got to the store I imediately headed towards the plus size section and started picking out all my old sizes. My mom was like "Hey droopy draws those are way too big for you". She Picked out a really cute pair of size 16 jean capris and then took me to the normal sizes and picked out a couple of XL shirts. I of course protested but, she made me try them on....and they fit!!! Not only did they fit but I looked good! I haven't fit in a 16 since high school I almost cried in the fitting room! I haven't felt good or confident in jeans in a long time! I didn't realize how different my body had really gotten until my mom forced me to see it during this trip and it was the best thing, ever!
Alittle over three months ago I was a size 3X in tops and a size 20 in pants and those were snug! Feeling amazing :laugh:

Replies

• 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    Congratulations. :) I know you feel great!! :drinker:
  • charming72
    charming72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have been doing the same thing! I can wear a size 10 now and I keep thinking that the clothes have been mis-marked and they really are size 14! I too have been called "droopy draws" LOL Awesome job...Keep up the good work :-)
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Wonderful NSV. Sometimes we need others to help us see our changes.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Awwww, *happy dance* That's a great NSV!!! Feeling great in new, smaller clothes is an amazing feeling! Great job! :)
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV! It feels great to go shopping and try pretty much anything on and it fits AND looks good! Way to go!
  • siwelh
    siwelh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news! It just keeps getting better!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You got there!!! What a feeling it is!!!!! Be proud of your accomplishments and enjoy your new found self! Be Proud :)
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love that your mum called you droopy draws haha! I had this same experience with my boyfriend a few weeks ago.
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    AWESOME!!
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Awesome! My biggest goal is for me to be able to randomly pull something from my closet and know it will fit. No more fat clothes/skinny clothes! :grumble:
  • AdrienneYocham
    AdrienneYocham Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I cannot wait to shop in the "misses" instead of the "womens"!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!