Tips for the last 10?

Options
So I'm down to the last 10 that I want to loose (woot) and........ not making a lot of progress. My weight has not moved in almost two weeks so... I don't know. I have been eating a little under my calories lately, mostly because it is so. hot. that I'm just not that hungry. I way upped my protein too and that makes me even less hungry, but I eat what I think I can. My diary is open- warning, I like salt. I drink a lot more water than I log here.
I work out 4-5x week for 45-60 minutes, depending. Usually 30 minutes on the treadmill or stationary bike and weights, alternating days of lower body/upper body lifting. On the days I don't do the gym, I break out some pilates at home. I don't log exercise on here because it grossly overestimates and throws me off.
I'm 5'2 and 139.5, and would like to get down to 130. What do I need to do, up the cardio, eat more (groan, I know), hm? It's is sort of sucky and frustrating. YES, I feel/look like I'm loosing inches but I do have quite a few squishy places that still need body fat to get the heck out of.... and it's allll in the lower body, which is my "problem area"

Replies

• sr4ca
    sr4ca Posts: 43
    Options
    I looked at your diary...and although I'm no expert.....I would get your sugar under control...I found that as long as I stay at or below my daily sugar allotment...I lose weight. Look back through your diary and see where you went over on sugars and fat...then work on getting those in line....good luck.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    hmmm... probably. Sugar is a toughie. An apple and a yogurt in the same day and I'm over. I do have a square or two of dark chocolate almost every day though, everyone has a crutch, right. Good advice, thank you :)
  • RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    So I'm down to the last 10 that I want to loose (woot) and........ not making a lot of progress. My weight has not moved in almost two weeks so... I don't know. I have been eating a little under my calories lately, mostly because it is so. hot. that I'm just not that hungry. I way upped my protein too and that makes me even less hungry, but I eat what I think I can. My diary is open- warning, I like salt. I drink a lot more water than I log here.
    I work out 4-5x week for 45-60 minutes, depending. Usually 30 minutes on the treadmill or stationary bike and weights, alternating days of lower body/upper body lifting. On the days I don't do the gym, I break out some pilates at home. I don't log exercise on here because it grossly overestimates and throws me off.
    I'm 5'2 and 139.5, and would like to get down to 130. What do I need to do, up the cardio, eat more (groan, I know), hm? It's is sort of sucky and frustrating. YES, I feel/look like I'm loosing inches but I do have quite a few squishy places that still need body fat to get the heck out of.... and it's allll in the lower body, which is my "problem area"

I don't think the sugar is necessarily the problem. 2 weeks is not that long to have no loss, especially when you are near your goal. Try to be easier on yourself-- getting stressed only makes weight loss harder. Given enough time losing fat, some of it should come from your problem area.

Do you use a food scale? Incorrectly estimating portion size can make a big difference, especially when closer to your ideal weight. I'd also suggest that you eat more protein. Resetting your macros to 40% Carbs, 30% Protein, and 30% Fat is probably better than the default settings. And try to always hit the protein goal (the general rec for proteing is 1-1.5 g protein per lb of lean body mass).

As for the workouts, are you pushing yourself every time? I don't think you need to weight train 5 days-- 3 days is probably good for most. But make sure that you are adding weight to the bar regularly. Lifting shouldn't be easy. Neither should the cardio, for that matter. If the cardio feels easy, increase intensity-- add hills on the TM or bikes, go faster, etc. (not all that same time either). Half an hour of cardio should be good as long as at it's intense enough.
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    bumpity bumpity bump bump.
  • trophywife24
    Options
    I probably should relax.. I just have it in my head that I want to hit by goal by Sept 9th because I'm flying home for a week and will see a lot of people that I haven't seen in quite a bit :)

Will up the protein and to be perfectly honest, NO, I do not push myself. I to add weight here and there but I've gotten rather cozy in my work outs and tend to do the same thing over and over again. I honestly hate working out and am happy when it's done.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I am where you are as well...at 141 and trying to get to 130.

I have had to come to the realization that I don't have a lot of fat left and like you I mainly store it in 2 areas...hips and thighs. So while I don't have a lot to lose, it seems like it b/c how it is consolidated in those 2 areas.

I upped my calories to try and "learn" how to eat maintenance...not quite there but my calories give me about a 250 deficit a day. I also exercise more to try and get a at least a 500 calorie deficit per day. With those numbers I am losing about 2-3lbs a month. I don't want to lower my calories this close to my goal b/c when I reach it and try to maintain it will cause a spike. I just want to slowly level off at my final weight and then maintain.

I do see a difference in my body though (unfortunately everywhere BUT my problem areas)...the scale just doesn't budge much.

I guess the name of the game in consistancy, persiverance, accountability and patience.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Try to set your weight loss goals to about half a pound a week maybe. It could be your body realizing you are getting close, and if there is ANYTHING our bodies are, it is stubborn lol.
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ... to be perfectly honest, NO, I do not push myself. I to add weight here and there but I've gotten rather cozy in my work outs and tend to do the same thing over and over again. I honestly hate working out and am happy when it's done.

I think you answered your own question.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    It does seem true that when you get nearer your goal the weight loss does start to slow. Just go with it, carry on as you are and you will eventually get there. Then you can start the new challenge of maintenance where you'll probably lose a couple more pouns there too! ; )

I didn't set a time frame for my loss, but it took about 6-7 months to lose 2 stone.

As for sugar....I've never been one to take head of macros though I don't eat a lot of junk or sweet things just out of personal taste so I know my diet isn't particularly bad. However, I wouldn't be told not to eat fruit or worry about the sugar in fruit - worry about the sugar in processed goods.

I did my weight loss from calorie deficit and ate everything in moderation. I don't believe there is any secret formula to 'diet' apart from finding something you can continue for the rest of your life. :flowerforyou:
  • trophywife24
    Options
    I am where you are as well...at 141 and trying to get to 130.

I have had to come to the realization that I don't have a lot of fat left and like you I mainly store it in 2 areas...hips and thighs. So while I don't have a lot to lose, it seems like it b/c how it is consolidated in those 2 areas.

I upped my calories to try and "learn" how to eat maintenance...not quite there but my calories give me about a 250 deficit a day. I also exercise more to try and get a at least a 500 calorie deficit per day. With those numbers I am losing about 2-3lbs a month. I don't want to lower my calories this close to my goal b/c when I reach it and try to maintain it will cause a spike. I just want to slowly level off at my final weight and then maintain.

I do see a difference in my body though (unfortunately everywhere BUT my problem areas)...the scale just doesn't budge much.

I guess the name of the game in consistancy, persiverance, accountability and patience.

That's the same with me too.. my upper body looks fantastic! My lower... uh.. (crickets). And it's very, very obvious too which I guess is why I'm frustrated that it isn't just falling off like it's been. So close, yet so far.

Thanks so much for the feed back, everyone. I greatly appreciate you guys taking the time to read and reply and will gladly take the advice dished out. :)