Getting rid of those thighs!

Hey everyone!
I've had been going strong with my first attempt at getting fit and losing some excess fat.
20 pounds down and I was on top of the world!
Then...I got stuck.
I kept giving myself 5 pound goals to hit and it just wasnt coming off! and neither was ANY of the extra weight that is on my thighs.
I ended up slowly falling off of my gym/diet plan because I was just so discouraged.

But I'm back! and this time I would like it to GOAWAY!! and STAY away :)
But I need some tips!
Are your thighs an annoyance too? Are there any gym/diet tips to help me get rid of them?

I'd appreciate it!!
XO

Replies

• you know, whenever I'm hitting the gym hard and not seeing any weightloss after weeks I will up my calories some. Perhaps that is why I hit the plateu. Also you can't really spot reduce. A combo of better food choices, cardio, and strength training program should suffice. It may take some time, but dont get discouraged. Everytime you quit, you have to start back over, consistency is the key. Good luck!
  • vegasmari
    vegasmari Posts: 120 Member
    ooooohhh... i have the thigh problem too....it's definitely the fattest part of my body. I've been doing cardio & strength training (leg specific exercises). Squats are excellent as is walking at a fast pace (i'm not a runner). Mine are a work in progress, so hopefully I have a success story to tell you soon.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    No (non surgical) way to make spot fat reductions :-( I wish though! Just keep lowering your overall body fat and it will come off of there, too. But likely not as fast as you want because with women, the place we hate most is always the last to go! Grr.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    I've just posted about this... I too am struggling. My post is on the fitness board