Liquor...it was sent here to destroy us.

Options
MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
My heart is sad. I found out one single oz of single malt scotch is freaking 68 calories!!!!!

At least it's a sipper...

What drinks do you all like? It's so hard...they really pack a punch calorically speaking....

Replies

• IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Red wine! Talk about calories. 110 in just 5 oz :( And who are we kidding only drinking 5 oz is laughable! I still have my wine nearly every single night but I try with all my heart and soul to stick to my piddly 5 oz. Booooo! I've changed a lot of the ways and things I eat but I'm not giving up my wine :)
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    double post
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    6 oz makes a big difference so I do six.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you an amazing story.

Beer.

The End.
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    Red wine! Talk about calories. 110 in just 5 oz :( And who are we kidding only drinking 5 oz is laughable! I still have my wine nearly every single night but I try with all my heart and soul to stick to my piddly 5 oz. Booooo!

Oh I KNOW! Looove me some red. (Try Menag a Trois sometime...sooo tasty). We just got a bottle of it and I've only had a teeny bit so far...Such a disappointment.
  • MSeel1984
    Options

Beer.

The End.

I love me some beer too. Biggest problem is I hate HATE light beer. I mean...Blue Moon is pushing it. I usually like Stouts and Porters...you know-almost need a spoon to consume it? If I can see my hand through the glass, I'm not happy. The darker the better...but those beers are so much higher in calories.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I drink (and am drinking) red by the vat and am making great progress in the fat loss stakes.

The other aspects of my life have turned to #@%! but hey, I look fit :D
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You consider 68 calories to be a lot?
  • signgrrrl
    signgrrrl Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Beer!!!:drinker:
  • TheVimFuego
    Options

Beer.

The End.

I love me some beer too. Biggest problem is I hate HATE light beer. I mean...Blue Moon is pushing it. I usually like Stouts and Porters...you know-almost need a spoon to consume it? If I can see my hand through the glass, I'm not happy. The darker the better...but those beers are so much higher in calories.

I hear that, I got a six pack of James Squire Porter earlier in the week as a Birthday treat and I'm rationing myself to one a night then moving onto the red.

The lighter stuff just isn't worth the bother for me.
  • Conroy78
    Conroy78 Posts: 6
    Options
    Yaaaay! Someone else understands my dark beer misery! So delicious and soooo full of calories. Worth it!
  • SarahSpasmodic
    SarahSpasmodic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My mom really like the Skinny Girl Cosmos they're a little lower in calories than other drinks. I've tried the Mikes Light Lemonade and it just doesn't cut it for me, so I still drink my Smirnoff Ice on the weekends and just try to work around it. I'm still losing weight despite it.

When my friends come home I drink hard liquor. It's only occasionally but I've found when I'm drinking things like Vodka I eat everything in sight. That's the biggest problem I have with alcohol.
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Oh, and I'd drink neat spirit with no thought to calories if it didn't kill my digestive system.

I suspect I have done my spirit limit ...
  • mmessinger0718
    mmessinger0718 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So let me just tell you that I was in Nola this past weekend and of course you can't go to Nola and expect to not drink a bit. We only ate 3 times in the 4 days we were there (if we weren't at the bars we were sleeping. No time for food) but I blew up like a balloon. I looked so swollen when I got home! Just looking at pictures from the first day to the last day I looked like I easily had bells palsy or something along those lines. And I didn't really drink much beer or wine (yum yum) at all. It was a lot of vodka sprites and hurricanes (can't go to Nola without having a few hurricanes :) ).

Now that I've been back home for 5 days and I'm back on my normal diet, I'm not swollen anymore and I look normal. It just saddens me that liquor has that effect on my body.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I drink (and am drinking) red by the vat and am making great progress in the fat loss stakes.

Love this..Funny guy!:drinker:
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    glad drinking doesnt bug me. my husband on the other hand stresses himself out figuring out how much of a walk he needs so he can have a few several times a week. I say get off it for 6 months or so.. why not? but then again Im not a drinker- so I just dont get it, why taking a time out from such high calorie (empty at that) would be so hard to do.

What he does- eats perfectly for the day- earns several hundred cals from a run/walk- drinks that night what he exercised off.

I think its counter productive but it is working for him.
  • TheVimFuego
    Options
    Yaaaay! Someone else understands my dark beer misery! So delicious and soooo full of calories. Worth it!

The Guinness is rubbish around here, if it wasn't I'd be the size of a cow :D
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    I love wine. But I cannot moderate. So I just have to mostly leave it. :-(
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    um well I like my wine - both red and white sweet or dry depends on my mood and what I am eating - case point we went to wine country in march and I bought 4.5 cases of wine - Now I know why they love it when you do tastings

I also like liquer - flavored vodka - right now Pinnicle Cake or whipped flavor - straight, or irish cream whiskey or my new fav Wild Turkey Honey Bourbon.............

So with all the cals in those I have really been try to limit what I get to drink - so besides wine -(i have 2 cases left) my house is dry right now - though my husband is wanting to stock back up ;)
  • TheVimFuego
    Options

Love this..Funny guy!:drinker:

It would be funnier if it wasn't true ;)

Seriously, getting regularly sloshed while dropping fat is a kind of pet project of mine.

I should do a DVD :)