Liquor...it was sent here to destroy us.

Options

Replies

• amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love beer but while we were in the Dominican Republic they didn't have any that were really great. They had Brahma that I loved but the resort seemed to run out of it everyday. I guess everyone else liked it too! One of the bar tenders made me a really great refreshing drink that I fell in love with. It's called a Capirinha and it is the national drink of Brazil. Simple to make, light and tastes great! It's easy to cut the calories with it too.

2 oz Cachaca rum or any white rum. (Cachaca rum is made from sugar can and tastes better than regular rum.)
    Simple syrup made from turbinato sugar (or a simple made from splenda to cut calories!)
    Half a lime quatered and muddled in the bottom of a glass
    Seltzer water
    Ice

Muddle lime with 2 tsp sugar/splenda in the bottom of a glass
    Add ice
    Add simple syrup- as much or as little as you like depending on your tastes
    Add rum
    Add seltzer water

1 ounce of cachaca rum has 64 calories and a ton of kick!

Enjoy!
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love craft beer! One of the reasons I exercise every day is so I can indulge my habit without guilt or remorse. A day without beer just kind of sucks.
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    It's either 2-3 oz of scotch, whiskey, vodka, or rum (notice the or) in a coke zero. Two or three of those and I am good to go. For beer, it's only stouts, but two of them usually does the trick.
  • cunfewzed1
    cunfewzed1 Posts: 80
    Options
    You consider 68 calories to be a lot?

PER OUNCE. You have 5 oz, you just ate a meal....
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

For a single oz? yeah. I mean...if I'm going to have scotch, I usually have a tumbler (half full) and sip it during the evening..1 oz is really not much.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bourbon! A glass of that on the rocks... mmmm. And calorie wise, not awful! I'll take a red wine or beer too. I often use booze to make up calories at the end of the day!
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    I love craft beer! One of the reasons I exercise every day is so I can indulge my habit without guilt or remorse. A day without beer just kind of sucks.

I know-I'm heading home to Missoula, MT next week...we have SO many local amazing breweries out there...namely Kettlehouse...and they make my favorite beer called "Cold Smoke". It's incredible but I really gotta watch how much I have. :( Rats
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Yup, if it makes you drunk it makes you fat. If you want a weight loss buzz, you will have to stick with crank.
  • MSeel1984
    Options

Yeah..that's the disappointing thing. I mean...Scotch is not a shot-it's a sipper. You take a few sips of 1 oz and it's gone...

I mean-you get me around a bottle of single malt of Mccallum's and it's dangerous.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I drink (and am drinking) red by the vat and am making great progress in the fat loss stakes.

The other aspects of my life have turned to #@%! but hey, I look fit :D

Love this..Funny guy!:drinker:

It would be funnier if it wasn't true ;)

Seriously, getting regularly sloshed while dropping fat is a kind of pet project of mine.

I should do a DVD :)

I would buy this DVD :drinker:

Seriously, though, yesterday I was way under on both calories and my carbs goal... so I had a can of coke zero and some Malibu Black after dinner. It was delicious.

If it fits in your calories and macros, I don't see a problem (same goes for red wine and dark chocolate - two of my absolute favorite foods ever).
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

Five ounces would come to 340 calories. That's a dessert. Are you drinking a big glass of Scotch every night?
  • Wickedmeowmer
    Options
    I drink (and am drinking) red by the vat and am making great progress in the fat loss stakes.

The other aspects of my life have turned to #@%! but hey, I look fit :D

Love this..Funny guy!:drinker:

It would be funnier if it wasn't true ;)

Seriously, getting regularly sloshed while dropping fat is a kind of pet project of mine.

I should do a DVD :)

I have friends like that, I call them 'can-orexic' ;D (They are beer drinkers, but I'll come up with something clever for wine soon! Any ideas?)
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Nothing! :( I've stopped drinking. I wasn't a big drinker to begin with, but I even skipped the drinks on 4th of July. Kind of a big deal.

My problem isn't the calories in vodka.. It's all the juice I like to have with it. Bleh.
  • MSeel1984
    Options

Five ounces would come to 340 calories. That's a dessert. Are you drinking a big glass of Scotch every night?

LoL no. It's a treat. Once every few weeks or something.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    It's the mixers that get you, really. A good dry martini is worth the calories!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I have friends like that, I call them 'can-orexic' ;D (They are beer drinkers, but I'll come up with something clever for wine soon! Any ideas?)

My stepmother calls it "alco-rexia" -- she'll forego her lunch to have two glasses of wine after work. >.<
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    It's the mixers that get you, really. A good dry martini is worth the calories!

It's true. Pina Colada is one of my favorites...I now avoid it like the plague. Holy Hannah!

Also like amaretto sours (bring on the old lady jokes) but the sour mix has so many calories in it. Suck fest
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I suspect I have done my spirit limit ...

There's LIMIT??? Thanks for wrecking my whole day.
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Without beer and wine I'd be a size 4! Hmmmm.......
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Bacardi and caffeine free diet Coke. When I've had enough for the day, I don't want caffeine keeping me from my well earned pass out.