What is a "healthy food" that you cannot buy...

Options
because you love it too much???

For me, it's fresh guacamole. Holy cow. Guac isn't too bad for you, in moderation. But if I buy it, I eat the whole thing complete with tortilla chips and salsa too. I could never just have it around as a light snack. It's a binge food for sure! Does anyone have one of these foods? Healthy when you eat the suggested serving size but you just don't have the willpower???

Replies

• LexiisHealthy
    Options
    Fiber one brownies (has fiber)

Popcorn
  • JLD81
    JLD81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Blueberries. I want to eat the whole stupid container
  • brendas026
    brendas026 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    peanut butter.
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I agree on the guac! Holy cow. Now I'm busting out the chips and the salsa and what goes so fab with this combo???? OMG! Margaritas of course. It's just all down hill from there LOL!
  • charisma103
    Options
    Granola Bars, because one is never enough ;)
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the guac. That stuff is so flippin addictive, I can't stand it.

I think the other would be hummus. I can sit and gorge on hummus and carrots all day long. So not good.
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Grapes... lots of sugar...... Triscuit.... very nice and healthy but only if you eat like 2 servings, because the whole box is too many calories xD and a non-healthy food I have to stay away from: TAKIS. OMG.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hummus...I'll eat the whole tub in one sitting lol. Peanut butter should be on that list but I ain't givin up my PB! lol
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Trail Mix. Sure, the one with M&Ms isn't that awesome for you anyways, but even the healthier ones with just dried fruit and nuts....:::sigh::: Love the salty/sweet combo. My mother-in-law brought a 5lb bag of trial mix on our week long vacation in Hawaii, and I swear I personally ate at least 1/2 of it (but, that was back in 2006. I'm better now ;-)
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Any sort of crackers or nuts for me >.<
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Granola & nuts. Wonderful in moderation, not so much when you eat a whole container in a sitting.
    I tend to just make my own guacamole for some reason I'm less likely to eat it all at once because I put effort into it.

Oh and I used to not be able to have natural PB around the house...now I usually just get PB2 or right now I actually do but it's kind of icky (smuckers?) so I don't want to just eat it with a spoon :(
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hummus...I'll eat the whole tub in one sitting lol. Peanut butter should be on that list but I ain't givin up my PB! lol

Avocado hummus... Just give me the spoon.

That and brie cheese... that's healthy, right?
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I'm ok with dips and stuff... not a fan of the consistency.

HOWEVER show me a bag of pistachios and shortly you will be left with a very guilty looking me surrounded by a pile of shells! Cashews, macadamias, peanuts.... DON'T leave them within my vicinity. I actually don't buy nuts any more for that reason. I'll just snack away like it's going out of fashion ha
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I'm ok with dips and stuff... not a fan of the consistency.

HOWEVER show me a bag of pistachios and shortly you will be left with a very guilty looking me surrounded by a pile of shells! Cashews, macadamias, peanuts.... DON'T leave them within my vicinity. I actually don't buy nuts any more for that reason. I'll just snack away like it's going out of fashion ha

Mother-of-god-meme.jpg

I forgot about Cashews.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Cashew butter o_O what a nightmare...
  • HisShadow
    HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I tend to gorge on hummus.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    This is exactly why I buy wholly guacamole in the 100 calorie packs. It's never enough but at least I run out and can stop myself!

Trail mix cannot come into my house. I could eat a whole bag in one sitting. The sweet/salty combo kills me.
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wait...100 calorie packs of guacamole???? Where do I find this????? I must know!!!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    There's this fruit and nut mix that is sooo good. Has cashews, walnuts,raisins, dried cranberries, almonds. But I cannot put the damn bag down!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Trail mix.

Extra crunchy peanut butter.