P90X

Options
I know someone who is going to start doing P90X on Monday, and he's not the type to work out at all, but I convinced him to. However, since its his first time really doing a work out like this, which DVD should he do first?

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    download the p90x spreadsheets from beach body.com. I would recommend the lean version for teh first round.
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    I know someone who is going to start doing P90X on Monday, and he's not the type to work out at all, but I convinced him to. However, since its his first time really doing a work out like this, which DVD should he do first?

I believe there's a fitness test he should do first. I did the chest/arms one first and I never went back...
  • y0mbo
    y0mbo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    P90X has a specific order of DVDs to follow if he is doing the program. However, depending on what kind of shape he is in, he may need to start with Power90, which is the precursor to P90X.

That said, the DVDs go in this order for the first 3 weeks:
    Chest and Back + Ab Ripper X
    Plyometrics
    Shoulders and Arms + Ab Ripper X
    Yoga X
    Legs and Back + Ab Ripper X
    Kenpo X
    Rest day or Stretch X

Week 4 switches up and then weeks 5-7 are the other discs.
    The workout guide will tell him everything he needs to know.
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Did he not get the manual when he bought the DVDs?
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Did he not get the manual when he bought the DVDs?

He borrowed the DVDs from his friend. And when I went over I didn't see it
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    If you google P90X, you can find the maunal online and download it.
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    P90X is not a beginner workout program. It sort of assumes a base fitness level. Power 90 would probably be a much better route.

As another mentioned, P90X is not designed to just throw in a random P90X DVD and boom you get results. There is a certain order you HAVE to do them in. Can't just do disc 1, disc 2, disc 3 etc and once you hit the last disc start all over. Won't work that way.

Also, if your friend uses MFP to calculate the calorie needs he'll be starving to say the least. The most important part of P90X is not the DVD's. It's the nutrition guide and Fitness guide. Without the proper nutrition and following the nutrition guide he'll be at a loss to do the program properly and get the results he wants.

Brad Hall
    P90X Certified Professional