Not going to lurk anymore

Options
2»

Replies

• pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Well to be honest...even though what they said was mean and totally uncalled for, i decided to take something positive from it and I decided that I couldn't deny just how big I was after getting and decided it was time to change. I was just the kick in the butt I needed to finally be honest with myself!
    That is a great atitude, turn a negative into a positive. You will be very glad you did.
  • ThomasFMendiola
    ThomasFMendiola Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Remember that success is the best revenge! Add me if you'd like!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    welcome! I'm sorry those kids were so cruel.But it sounds like you have a great attitude and congrats on your weight lose so far!
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    To put it bluntly, people suck. I stopped with my 10 year olds baseball team to get ice cream after a game the other day and some kids that drove by actually yelled out "mooo" out their window. My son asked me what they said and I said I didn't know. He figured it out eventually but I still felt like crap. OK kids that yelled that, do you realize that I've been busting my butt and have lost almost 25 lbs in 2 months??? I earned that kiddie ice cream cone! It would be interesting to see those same kids in 20 years and see how they look, don't you think? I'm at the same weight as you now and feel so much better already. Congratulations on your determination to get healthy. We're right there with you!
  • hlgehman
    hlgehman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    People can be so cruel. Take it and pull it out for motivation. Good luck in your journey.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Most teenagers are cruel, thoughtless and think they are invincible. I'm sorry you were treated this way and kudos to the drive-thru attendant for saying something to them.

Good luck momma! You can do this! :)
  • kbjkjjb6
    kbjkjjb6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too and already love this program. My story is similar to yours- but from a doctor...

It inspired me, and I wish you the best in your journey!!

26881600.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Welcome! So sorry you had to go through that but so happy that you are using it to inspire you to a healthier you! Great job turning a negative experience into a life changing, positive step!

And I agree, kudos to the cashier for saying something. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • deeannhill
    deeannhill Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sometimes we need a kick in the pants to change directions - sounds like you are on the healthy path now! I'll send a friend request.
  • Noahsmommy1
    Options
    I do have some before pics...but am too embarrased to put them online here. Maybe when I lose some more weight I will put them both up (who knows?)
  • Noahsmommy1
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the wonderful comments...it has made me feel much better!!!
  • blixgirl7
    blixgirl7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hate how cruel people can be. Feel free to add me as a friend! We are in this together! =)
  • jsauter1
    jsauter1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your story made me cry. If you need someone to keep you on track. Send me a message, I truly understand.