lupus, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, ...

Options
lupus, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, hepatitis c, glaucoma, thyroid disease; happy girl with multiple chronic diseases with a positive attitude and a spirit of gratitude! that's who i am : )

Replies

• lyonsfool03
    Options
    Well my friend I have a mother who has alot of the diseases also but up until she got on proper diets she suffered for years. Once she lost 15 lbs her body started feeling better. I wish you the best of luck and and keep up that possitive attitude
  • spinningma
    spinningma Posts: 45
    Options
    LOVE the postive attitude!! That is hard work itself!! I am familiar with many... my mother had scleroderma which is connective tissue diesease. Drs thought she had lupus in the beginning. I'd be happy to have you as a friend as you start your MFP journey... I am still a newbie!!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Check out www.drfuhrman.com He specializes in nutritional therapy to help rid your body of these diseases. Veggies over medicine! There is an Eat To Live (His book) community here to follow his program. We all love it! We invite you to join us and see for yourself!
  • LisaEileen
    LisaEileen Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I just posted a thread looking for friends who have chronic health issues but are kicking butt and not letting their conditions control them. I have fibromyalgia, crohn's, among other things. I'm kicking butt with Turbo Fire and Chalene Extreme. The weight is not coming off very fast, but at least it's coming off. I'll add you. :)
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Here is a link you might find interesting about autoimmune diseases and nutrition:

http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/cat-autoimmune-diseases.html
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I have an autoimmune liver disease. Feel free to add me!
  • sferguson65
    sferguson65 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have lupus. Sjogrens syndrome fybromyalgia an no thyroid. But I am being positive and laugh a lot. I could use friends who understand.
  • fabmomofthree
    fabmomofthree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have Sjogren's syndrome and fybromyalgia. I have three kids (13, 11, and 9) and a full-time job as well. All of this makes it harder for dieting and weight loss. I would love to hear your ideas and what you have experienced.
  • hardyjessicag
    hardyjessicag Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have systematic lupus, and with that also come joint pain that I'm hoping wont develop into RA (but you know how AI disease are).

Welcome! People from all health backgrounds can still strive to better their lives through diet and exercise, even through the pain.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I have systematic lupus, and with that also come joint pain that I'm hoping wont develop into RA (but you know how AI disease are).

Welcome! People from all health backgrounds can still strive to better their lives through diet and exercise, even through the pain.

^^^Jessica is awesome! Definitely add her! I have lupus, too. Losing weight has helped a lot, in terms of relieving some of the symptoms and decreasing the severity and length of flares.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Another site that you may find helpful regarding disease control with nutrition: http://whole9life.com/
    Check out the testimonials :)