Weight Plateau

Options
I quit logging in on My Fitness Pal because I quit losing any weight for several weeks. I had been doing well (1 or 2 lbs.) a week, and continued the same eating & exercise plan, but with no weight loss. Any suggestions on how to get off a plateau? I'm starting back on My Fitness Pal today.

Replies

• momof2TONI
    momof2TONI Posts: 116
    Options
    I found that when I plateaued, I had to 'shake up' my exercise routine and do something different. I read that after awhile, your body adjusts to the exercises you have been doing and it's no longer a challenge. So try something different and see if that helps.
  • thefullmontysmom
    thefullmontysmom Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My boss gave me a great tip and now I am flying through my plateau!

She said change what you are eating...if you normally eat chicken, eat fish, if you eat apples eat a pear...just switch it all up! I also added an extra walk whenever I can...that has helped too! :) lost 3 lbs this week!

Good luck!
  • L_jo
    L_jo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What she said.. " When in a rut, change it up!" You have to trick your body sometimes. Good Luck! :smile:
  • virginia65us
    virginia65us Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My boss gave me a great tip and now I am flying through my plateau!

She said change what you are eating...if you normally eat chicken, eat fish, if you eat apples eat a pear...just switch it all up! I also added an extra walk whenever I can...that has helped too! :) lost 3 lbs this week!

Good luck!
    That's such good advice! I have been on a plateau for almost two months and this seems like such a simple solution. I'm trying to avoid starving myself. Thanks for posting.
  • dalemarie08
    Options
    Generally a plateu happens when your body grows accustomed to your exercise routine. So change it up a little. For example if you are running, increase your speed and decrease your time until you can do the increased speed for the normal amount of time.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Platuead? Simple fix. PUSH HARDER! This is no joke. You need to shock your body into weight loss again. I cannot say this enough to people on here.