Guys or gals?

Options
SuperCork
SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
Do you have a preference when it comes to your coworkers? I personally prefer all men or mostly men because I like to have fun at work. Sorry ladies, but for the most part in my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE (read: not a generalized statement about all women), we are just not as willing as a group to goof off. All of my jobs in the past have been just that: JOBS. Since they had nothing to do with my true passion, getting through shifts without sinking into a deep depression was paramount. I like to play pranks on and with my coworkers. When we're bored and the boss is away, yes, PLEASE, show me how to set my hand on my fire "safely". When we're stuck working 11 hours overtime preparing for an audit we WILL fail, I insist that we go out back and throw old apples and bricks at the dumpster--what kind of an idiot DOESN'T want to do this?!?! And, yes, I would love to smash some demo phones with a hammer! While we're at it, let's play some baseball on the sales floor too! Say, what's wrong with your chair? Yes, yes I did remove the wheels when you went home last night...

Don't get me wrong, I like to talk about hair and beauty products also...but roughly 4 minutes is my max. I don't want to hear about your stupid boyfriend that treats you bad but you won't leave him because _________________ (insert ridiculous reason based on lack of self-esteem here), I REALLY don't want to hear about what Trish told Linda that Michelle said about you, and if I involuntarily respond with the phrase "your mom" to whatever inane thing you just said, NO, stupid, I was not, in fact, referring to your dead mother...

What about you?

Replies

• unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Most of my current coworkers are women, and they're way more fun than the guys. We talk about TV, movies, and other nerdy stuff. That's also been my experience in past jobs. So, yeah, you can't really generalize on that sort of thing. I like coworkers who are fun, regardless of gender.
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    . So, yeah, you can't really generalize on that sort of thing.

Hence why I said this was not a generalized statement :-)
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Word to ur mother! Anywho I mostly work with women, few are ok (the one I talk/joke with that don't get offened) some of the guys I worled with tho freaking talk non stop gossip.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    . So, yeah, you can't really generalize on that sort of thing.

Hence why I said this was not a generalized statement :-)

But you're asking us to generalize by deciding between men and women, and in your post you make the assumption that women=make-up and boy talk.
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    yeah men are much better to work with than woman. I work in the medical field, male nurses and male doctors are by far more entertaining to work with than females. i still get along good with females, but i prefer working with males.

I'm a very calm person, and woman tend to be more emotional and more dramatic than men.
  • jlrPhotography
    Options
    I work exclusively with men at my current job - it's a family run business (owned by two brothers, started by their dad), there are 8 of us who work there and I'm the only woman. With the exception of the Saturday boy who's 18 and the assistant manager who's in his 30's everyone else is 50 or 60+. For the most part I love working with them as they're easy to get on with and the one guy who is the most fun to work with is the oldest of the lot at 63 - we're always joking about, unfortunately he's been away on a cruise this week so it has been a bit boring!

I left my last job because the female assistant manager was a big bully who seemed to hate everyone, but especially other women. She's very two faced as well because whenever I pop back for something she always asks me sweetly how I am.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work alone. People from both gender tend to piss me off.

However, nothing pisses me off more than young girls who thinks that everyman will do anything for them. And once they realize that I'm B*** proof they think I'm a hardass when infact, I want them to do their job which isn't to look pretty and make other boys do their work
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Generally I don't care who I work with so long as they're competent enough not to cause me trouble.

I like laughing and fireside horror stories, and thus far, it has been provided by males, but I don't preclude the possibility that I may one day work with an awesome bunch of b!tches--thus far though: hasn't happened.

I'd prefer a mix of ppl--men, women, and dogs. (dogs are furry people, too--the just have tails and don't talk/observe ANY societal norms). That'd be my ideal office space. Oh! And a red stapler! Need one of those!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I work much better with men. I worked in a medical office with 12 other women and 1 man (the Dr) and um.... NO.
    I've always had much more fun working with primarily men. I don't get caught up the drama and stupid crap. I'd rather make stupid jokes and talk about hunting/fishing.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I'm too much of an "A-Type" male myself. I don't get along well with most other males. Females I do just fine with.
  • Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Prefer all male. After 5 years in the Army where I never had to work with a single female it has been a huge pain in the *kitten* being PC all the time now that I am out and work in the legal field. My office is about 60% female. Sucks not being able to speak my mind anymore because I will "offend" people.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Dudes. Chicks are catty and then we get that whole "shark week at the same time thing".... not cool.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Dudes. Chicks are catty and then we get that whole "shark week at the same time thing".... not cool.

"..shark week..." Ahhh, kay....
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    20477453.jpg
  • jly33403
    jly33403 Posts: 49
    Options
    I like working with the married men. I feel it's easier to talk to them. Women are harder on other women, so I feel it's inappropriate to act my age with other women; I feel like I need to act strictly professional all the time. But with the married men, I like to believe (and hope it's true) that they're not skeeving on me so I can act silly, like a 22 year old should. They're more fun, and joke around a lot more. I can also have secret crushes on them.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I enjoy working with guys much better than with women. I also get along better with men outside of work. I'm not much of a girly type of female, so there isn't a lot I can relate to with women.
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I like a nice blend...but if I had to choose overall I've had more fun working with guys. They tend be much more straightforward and say what's on their minds. Most girls are too catty and get too much drama going on.
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Women are catty as hell for the most part. There seems to be some mysterious social pecking order that you have to submit to, which I have in my 30 years on this earth yet to master. I unfortunately don't do well in groups of women, but have a select few female friends that are very dear to me. Guys are much more easy going and logical (almost to a fault), and I can relax around them.
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I work with a mix of people both women and men and we are all eqaully dirty minded! Which helps, we have a blast at work. But before this job I worked with all women and had a great time aswell. I can work with anyone as long as they are dirty minded and can take a joke, and can dish it out too!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Can I choose neither? Can I work alone? LOL

Men never clean the bathroom, ick!