Skin breakdown gone!!!!

Options
PrayerofAmity
PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
Ok I know that only the really really big people out there will fully understand the victory this is. When you are extremely obese (like 300+) there developes a little problem where the rolls of fat fold over and moisture gets trapped there. It doesn't matter how often you wash or how clean you are, after a while the skin begins to break down and splits and sores can develop. I was in just such a position (behind both knees mostly but also along my back where my "love handles" were and on my lower belly where it folded over. I've now lost 37 pounds in the past almost 2 months and I just noticed that all of that skin breakdown is healed! My love handles are all but gone and certainly not folding over any more, my knees don't have that fatty crease any more, and even my belly doesn't fold over hardly at all any more!) It feels so good to know that this is all healed because it was really worrying me. Thank you all for letting me share and I hope you all find as much happiness on your journey as I am.

Replies

• GidgetW
    GidgetW Posts: 23
    Options
    That is awesome!! I know just that little bit right there makes you happy!! Just think how much better everything else will be the more you lose!! I wish I have lost as much as you. Good job and congrats on a job well done so far!!
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You'll get there Gidget. Slow and steady wins the race :) and every day that you work towards getting healthier you are winning.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's an awesome 'NSV' (non-scale victory) for you.

And congratulations on your desire and drive to become healthy :flowerforyou:
  • jinren
    jinren Posts: 7
    Options
    congrats! glad to see you're taking a step in the healthy direction to improve your life =)
  • carrieblue052
    carrieblue052 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's such good news
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the success! Never had the problem myself, but I know it would worry the hell out of me too!
  • Bighiker2
    Bighiker2 Posts: 100
    Options
    That is a great thing and definitely a big motivation to continue on the journey to a healthier you! Well done!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Your hard work is paying off - CONGRATS!!!! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I'm familiar with skin breakdown because I work in healthcare and deal with this in many different ways.

I'm so happy for you. Please keep taking care of yourself and working hard. I don't even know you and I realize I'm a stranger-but I am proud of you!
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That's awesome great nsv!!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up and you will have more NSVs.
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    excellent stay with it-you are winning:wink:
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! Keep it up :)
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! That's one of the most uncomfortable things I can imagine. So happy for you to have a little more comfort on your journey :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!