NSV: How I defeated the need of my Fast food greed!!!

Options
I used to be a fast food junkie because it was the easiest way to make a meal. See I work quite often to support my family and being a police officer, we seem to seek many off duty days to make up for the lack of pay. My wife and I both work long hours sometimes up 12+ hours a day. Not the easiest days to come home and prepare a healthy meal.
Well after doing so much research on the unhealthy meals we were eating, I decided it was time for a change. I had a slow cooker, hidden away in the kitchen cabinets, I decided to take out and make use of it. The night before I get to bed, my wife and I decide what I want to eat for the next evening, take out anything that will not go bad and have it prepared for the morning. Once I wake up I throw the items into the slow cooker and let the sucker cook the entire day on the lowest setting. When we arrive from work, our meals are hot and ready without the stress of cooking. So I figure this also could others as it has my wife and I....

Replies

• heaterrr
    heaterrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Love slow cookers!
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    Great way to change your habits! I've been a fast food addict on and off, myself ... it's a hard habit to break.
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Slow cookers are amazing :) I would be lost without my slow cooker and george foreman grill :). WTG :)
  • lyonsfool03
    Options
    Yeah you are definitely right. I have not had a fast food item with the exception of Subway (even then I monitor everything) in over 4 months.
  • JoniRiaya
    JoniRiaya Posts: 79
    Options
    Fast food is so nasty!! But so easy and convenient Congratulations on figuring a way to stop eating it! It's a huge accomplishment to change your habits and take extra time to do what's good for you instead of just doing it the easy way!! Do u have any slow cooker recipes you want to share? :)
  • lyonsfool03
    Options
    Joni I usually look up online different websites such as goodhousekeeping and other healthy recipe sites
  • JoniRiaya
    JoniRiaya Posts: 79
    Options
  • krue1971
    krue1971 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    We have actually put everything in the pot part of our crock pot the night before then put it in the fridge. Wake up the next morning, take it out of the fridge and put it in the cooker and come home to a hot meal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!