just started my new beginnings!!!!

Options
Hey guys,

I found this website by chance and think its pretty awesome! i needed some kind of motivation to get myself eating healthy and exercising. I was wondering are we suppose to consume the goal calories per day or are we suppose to eat less that the calories burned by exercise???

To new beginnings and a better me :D

Replies

• rms171
    rms171 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Aim to eat your allotted calories per day but attempt to burn through exercise so that you come in under your net, a bit. If you're at 1200 calories per day, your body does not need that many to function. If you eat the daily quote it and exercise, your body will get what it needs and burn what it does not. Be cautious by those that tell you that it is ok to eat 2000 calories and burn 800 so you get to your quota. You will plateau very quickly.
  • ThomasFMendiola
    ThomasFMendiola Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

That question seems to bring a bit of controversy around here as there are many trains of thought on this. Personally, I don't eat my "work-out calories" intentionally, and some offer advice against this. Either way you should monitor what your caloric intake is and listen to your body, if you are hungry, then eat something, but food quality plays an important role here. Obviously processed foods are not ideal, and fresh fruits and vegetables are preferred because they offer more nutrients and you get more food per calorie. Hang in there you'll get it!
  • wunysbtch
    wunysbtch Posts: 2
    Options
    cool thanks thats definatly helped me out. I think id prefer not to eat my earned calories and just stick to what I need. thanks for the advice guys!!!!!