Would love a support system on MFP

Options
I have been on and off this site for a few months and finally got back on the band wagon this week. I would love to add some friends from the site to help motivate me and share their success...as well as me doing the same in return. I think support is the best way to reach your goals and I have had ups and downs. I'm looking to lose about 30 pounds...the worse time for me is when I lose about 8 pounds...I feel better about myself and instead of using that as motivation...I think I am rewarding myself by eating bad.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Replies

• trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I too have gotten back on track this week and looking for support and to give support :)
  • JamieCRodriguez
    JamieCRodriguez Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off this site for a few months and finally got back on the band wagon this week. I would love to add some friends from the site to help motivate me and share their success...as well as me doing the same in return. I think support is the best way to reach your goals and I have had ups and downs. I'm looking to lose about 30 pounds...the worse time for me is when I lose about 8 pounds...I feel better about myself and instead of using that as motivation...I think I am rewarding myself by eating bad.

I've been back at it for the past several weeks. With some new MFP friends for extra support I've been able to push through my usual pattern for fizzling out after the first week. Add me. I can use all the support I can get and will try to give some too. : )
  • Calzaretta
    Calzaretta Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey:
    Here's something you can try that really works for me: I create a representation of some of the body weight I want to lose. One time, I went to the dairy aisle in the grocery store and made a pile of 10 pounds of butter. At home, I take the cans of beans, soup, etc. and make a pyramid. Then, I take the cans and put them in a bag. 10 pounds of canned goods in a tote bag really makes the extra weight seem ridiculous to carry around. For me, it helps me realize how important each extra 10 pounds is to my energy level each day. I hope this helps! Good luck!
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Craig
  • sonivmartin
    sonivmartin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey:
    Here's something you can try that really works for me: I create a representation of some of the body weight I want to lose. One time, I went to the dairy aisle in the grocery store and made a pile of 10 pounds of butter. At home, I take the cans of beans, soup, etc. and make a pyramid. Then, I take the cans and put them in a bag. 10 pounds of canned goods in a tote bag really makes the extra weight seem ridiculous to carry around. For me, it helps me realize how important each extra 10 pounds is to my energy level each day. I hope this helps! Good luck!
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Craig

What a great idea...and one I've never thought of...although why not when I've seen the Biggest Loser contestants have to do things with the weight they've lost. I will definitely keep this in mind...and would love to add you as a friend...thanks!
  • yerfgirl
    yerfgirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I relate to the success / crappy eating cycle. Hope to use this community to get me past it as well. Good luck.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I've been on here a few months and I'm pretty regular with logging in. Anyone can feel free to add me if you'd like! :smile:
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like.If you want my support,I'll be happy to help you :)
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I was on and off of here for awhile too but have jumped back on and planted my feet. I would be more than happy to give support to anyone that I can! I also have that pesky problem of just as I start doing well SOMETHING happens and I give up... for example I have not lost for the past week and its driving me crazy! This is normally the time I give up- but like I said my feet are planted. Again, more than glad to help anyone and would love for friends to keep me accountable. Add me if you would like!
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options

friend request sent
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I too have gotten back on track this week and looking for support and to give support :)

friend request sent