Love eating out... best places to nom nom

Options
Me and husband love eating out. The new menu at is amazing. Really delicious and you do not feel like your settling. Have a look at the menu here.

http://www.frankieandbennys.com/menu/lighteroptions

The fish cake was delicious, and I particularly like the spaghetti oceana

I am looking fro some other places to eat out and be able to calorie count still. Please post ideas for me.

Thanks x

Replies

• pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Shower, bedroom....ugh oh. Sorry had only read the title! :p

Being Paleo, most places have decent options. I can get chicken or steak paired with veggies pretty much anywhere that you can sit down for a meal.

For fast food, I can usually make do by not eating the bread on my burger or getting a salad (double-meat if that's an option).
  • clairereds
    clairereds Posts: 23
    Options
    lol, ok that made me laugh!!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    cheesecake factory has a really good light menu now. BJ Brewhouse is Ok (very few options). Daphnes (a greek chain) has a lot of great options. Sorry didnt look where you were from. None of these places are probably options for you.
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Chipotle...I actually wrote a blog post this morning on how I turned my unhealthy chipotle meal into a healthy one! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SamanthaAnnM/view/chipotle-survival-101-337858 That's how much I looove my Chipotle, I practically wrote a novel about it! Om nom nom.

I also enjoy Cheesecake Factory, their skinnylicious menu is pretty extensive and delicious. Other restaurants I frequent with lower calorie options are Panera Bread and Corner Bakery, they're great for a quick lunch. You may not have these where you live, but they are basically just little bakery/cafes that sell a lot of salads and sandwiches. The only problem is having to resist the bakery section with the cakes and muffins and bagels!

Any steakhouse is good because you can often get a piece of meat (steak or fish) and then as a side just get veggies.

And I can almost always find something at fast food restaurants in a pinch, if I look up the nutrition facts before I go!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    My top 3 picks would be
    Pho
    Sushi
    Pizza
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I wish more places had the caLs on the menu! I've found the following do:

Pizza express
    Nandos
    Prezzo
    Itsu
    Zizzi
    Garfunkals
    Yo sushi
    Carluccios
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Just check the websites of the places you may go to. Prezzo offers light options for their menu items and J D Wetherspoon pubs have a large selection of 700 cals or less items.
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Be really careful with Panera.... make sure you do your research before you eat. I used to work there, and the food is of great quality but depending on which sandwich/soup you get you'll be spending 1000+ calories.

Chipotle
    Red Lobster
    Applebees
    Chik Fil A
    Subway
    Ihop (has a really good 'healthy' menu)
    Cheesecake Factory (LOVE the skinnylicious menu)

Pretty much everywhere you can do it as long as you watch your calories and look them up before hand. McDonald's even has a 400 calorie and under menu now... Don't know if you'd want to go there though, lol.
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    ^ So true about Panera. If I've learned anything, it's that you can't assume something is healthy just because it comes from a cute, pretty restaurant! Thank god for online nutrition facts and calculators. Panera has a pretty good one on their website!

And I forgot about ihop!!! I really like their Simple and Fit two x two x two... Scrambled egg substitute with two pancakes and two strips of turkey bacon. And I can never finish the whole thing.
  • clairereds
    clairereds Posts: 23
    Options
    it is really good that ore and more places are including lighter options and giving them a calorie count, not just saying they are light.

Thx all, some tasty options for me.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory came out with their Skinnylicious menu - very good and LOTS of options
    LOVE Bone Fish Grill and Bahama Breeze
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You're from the UK right?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    anything from Asia....Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, authentic Chinese(not the american chinese stuff), Indian, Japanese etc..

if i am going to blow some cals its not going to be at a chain restaurant.
  • clairereds
    Options
    Yes I'm in the UK.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I found the Frankie and Bennys new lighter menu great too!! We eat out a lot and I really like the lighter options at Nandos and Pizza Express as well. Can get sides of haloumi and ratatouille ar Nandos instead of chips and perinaise and Pizza Express have those new pizzas where the middle is taken out and replaced with salad so I get what I like for less calories and I dont feel like I've been cheated!

I also love Wagamamas but they havent given any nutritional info...yet! They have a note saying they're updating it soon though - cant wait to see if what I thought was healthy actually is!!