Don't give up

Options
mrsmerrithew
mrsmerrithew Posts: 74 Member
This is what it looks like when you don't give up on your goals.

Compare.jpg

The truth is though, I am not a complete success story - I still have about 30 - 40 pounds to lose. And it's taken me 3 years to get this far. (I've been maintaining for the last two!)

Not everyone loses all their weight in 6 months. For some people, it's harder. I still struggle trying to eat healthy, and some days I don't want to exercise. But I don't let it stop me from continuing the next day!

Don't give up. You WILL get there if you keep on trying.

l2.jpgIMAG0738.jpg

ETA a shameless plug! I started a motivational FB page for women (men can join too though..lol) Check it out and LIKE it on FB - www.facebook.com/BABeauties :smile:

Replies

• marley2087
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • belle_7
    belle_7 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You look great!!!
  • Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you! You must be very, very proud of yourself!! I love how you mentioned about the time it takes. Sometimes when I am feeling I am not getting to where I want to be fast enough, I just think that it took me years to pile on the weight...it may take years to get it off. Slow and steady wins!!
  • elifmemis
    elifmemis Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OMG...I'm so glad your in my circle of MFP friends. What an inspiration! You look amazing:)))
  • mrsmerrithew
    Options
    Wow! Good for you! You must be very, very proud of yourself!! I love how you mentioned about the time it takes. Sometimes when I am feeling I am not getting to where I want to be fast enough, I just think that it took me years to pile on the weight...it may take years to get it off. Slow and steady wins!!

Exactly! I see lot of success stories on here of people losing quickly and I think it can be discouraging for others when they don't lose as quickly. That was the whole point of my post I guess. You can get there if you stick with it. It might take longer, but a 7 year change is better than no change at all!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    You look great and it's lovely to read of someone for who it's been slow but they keep going! Will go to your fb page now!
  • annokoye
    annokoye Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely correct, "Some change is much better than no change at all". Thank you so much for posting your story. It has really encouraged me not to compare myself to others and to stay focused on this journey.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look fabulous.
  • castroje
    castroje Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Beeeeeeautiful!!!! Congratulations!!!

19747159.png
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. I see all these huge successes in a shorter amount if time and feel like I'm not getting anywhere so this really helps and great job you should be very proud
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    can't stop. won't stop.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! Amazing job!
  • janelleross
    janelleross Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this, and reminding me that I don't need to lose my weigh fast. My offical weigh-in day is Friday .... so after what I thought was a good week, I weighed this morning, and I haven't lost anything!! Just need to remember that it's a lifelong journey.

You look awesome! Good for you. :)
  • NeverGoinBack2012
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your inspiring words. You are the reality of what it takes to make a goal and get there. My goal is one pound per week. For me, that is doable and realistic. While I love watching the shows like Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition and Biggest Loser, the methods used for weight loss are not reality for most of us!!! Most of us are doing the best we can each and every day and dont' have a personal trainer or someone to tell us what and what not to eat. We are working 40 hour a week jobs, planning our meals, and fitting our fitness activities in where we can. We come on here to get some encouragement, but really, it's up to us. Thanks for giving us all inspiration and hope to keep going! Congratulations!
  • AngelPuff
    AngelPuff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!! You are an inspiration!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Looking good...this is a lifestyle so number is set in stole for the time to accomplish your goals...You are TRUELY a success story now for many....Thanks for sharing...keep up the good work!
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    great job! You are so beautiful
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    I love your attitude.

You're pretty fabulous!
  • mjmcruz
    mjmcruz Posts: 26
    Options
    a big WOW! congratulations!
  • mrsmerrithew
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this, and reminding me that I don't need to lose my weigh fast. My offical weigh-in day is Friday .... so after what I thought was a good week, I weighed this morning, and I haven't lost anything!! Just need to remember that it's a lifelong journey.

You look awesome! Good for you. :)

Not losing is WAY better than gaining! :o)
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!! I just posted how I need to get back on the wagon and this is the best motivation all day!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!