Replies

• 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Id rather work with guys. Women = too much drama
  • Stefanie99
    Stefanie99 Posts: 45
    Options
    I prefer an exen mix. Sometimes I like to hang out with the girls and talk about girly stuff or gossip, and sometimes I like to hang out with the boys and hear dirty jokes and shoot eachother with rubberbands.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'd rather work with dudes. In my experience, if somebody was rude to me at past jobs, it was a chick 100% of the time... and it had nothing to do with how I acted, honest. I am one of those people that is nice to absolutely everyone I meet. If you're rude to me, I can guarantee it's not because I was rude to you first.. All the guys I've ever worked with have been really cool for the most part.
  • kathrynangelabaird
    Options
    Women co-workers - good for any office gossip/problems to speak about

Men co-workers - Cheer you the hell up and make it 10 times a happier place and have to admit make you laugh a lot.

I work with a girl who if she has something wrong with 1 person, she takes it out on everyone.. which really grates on me. It's like having annoying sister at work you can't smack and tell to do one!!
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I really have no gender preference. I do have a few requirements if you want to get along as co-workers.

1. Show up on time.
    2. Do your job in a competent manner.
    3. Do not come into my office to talk about things non-work related. I don't have the time and neither should you.
    4. Do not call me to tell me you sent me an email.
    5. Do not tell me something of yours priority. I decide that, not you.
    6. Most importantly - never, ever, ever turn on the lights to my office. Yes, I work in the dark. No, I'm not a vampire.

Abide by those 6 requirements, male or female, and we'll get along just fine and you may just have a future here.
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    . So, yeah, you can't really generalize on that sort of thing.

Hence why I said this was not a generalized statement :-)

But you're asking us to generalize by deciding between men and women, and in your post you make the assumption that women=make-up and boy talk.

I was asking if you have a PERSONAL PREFERENCE, which technically is a generalization but only one that applies to YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE--you won't win on this point, haha

And in my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE women talk about makeup and frivolous things more, that is NOT AN ASSUMPTION it is a FACT in MY. PERSONAL. EXPERIENCE.

Sheesh. Really?!
  • SuperCork
    Options
    And a red stapler! Need one of those!

Drop that zero and get with this hero and you will be SHOWERED with red staplers...
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Men are more free going at work. The women are whiney, and talk a lot of crap...
  • SuperCork
    Options
    I work much better with men. I worked in a medical office with 12 other women and 1 man (the Dr) and um.... NO.
    I've always had much more fun working with primarily men. I don't get caught up the drama and stupid crap. I'd rather make stupid jokes and talk about hunting/fishing.

My dad tried to raise me to be a feminist. That didn't really stick since I am an evolutionist, which sums up a lot of crappy human behavior into a neat and managable pile haha, but I have some "feminist tendencies". That being said, I once worked as a hotel operator in an office of only women (there were probably 40 total, spread out over several shifts). Going in (this was about 7 years ago), I thought it would be the greatest job ever. Instead, it was one of the worst working experiences of my life and I've been a bill collector, telemarketer, waitress, office manager of a headstone company, "phone girl" at a pizza place, and suffered through several years in the wireless industry, so that's really saying something, IMHO.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options

I REALLLY dislike this.
  • SuperCork
    Options
    Can I choose neither? Can I work alone? LOL

Men never clean the bathroom, ick!

This is a STRONG downside to the mostly male environment, I will happily concede.
  • SuperCork
    Options
    I really have no gender preference. I do have a few requirements if you want to get along as co-workers.

1. Show up on time.
    2. Do your job in a competent manner.
    3. Do not come into my office to talk about things non-work related. I don't have the time and neither should you.
    5. Do not tell me something of yours priority. I decide that, not you.
    6. Most importantly - never, ever, ever turn on the lights to my office. Yes, I work in the dark. No, I'm not a vampire.

Abide by those 6 requirements, male or female, and we'll get along just fine and you may just have a future here.

I fully support 1-5 and will support 6 also but just because that's yo bidness, not they bidness...
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Options
    20477453.jpg

i06pT7JxGaVvg.gif
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I'd rather work with men. Women, in my experience, equal too much drama. My current co-worker is female and is constantly talking about how hard it is with her son. It drives me up a wall. Give me a guy any day.
  • SuperCork
    Options

i06pT7JxGaVvg.gif

I clearly don't explore the world of GIFs enough.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    guys.

women in sales are *****ES. Not always, but usually.
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I like working with guys, I work in food manufacturing and it is a male dominated field. However, the chicks that have made it here are pretty hard core and bad *kitten* so we all get along pretty well!
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Men - not as much drama or backstabbing IMHO.
  • laurin2010
    laurin2010 Posts: 65
    Options
    Being that I have only worked for men and now newly introduced into the female boss world I would prefer a male. We all need a little testosterone in the room as much as we may not want to admit it! :P Too much drama, then again everyone is different! I do love my boss though she is awesome!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Dudes. Chicks are catty and then we get that whole "shark week at the same time thing".... not cool.

That's funny, because the majority of chicks I've worked with have nevee been catty, and I've met plenty of dudes that can be catty, as well.