I need cheesecake!

Options
kylielouttit
kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
I am craving cheesecake really big time! Does anyone have any "better for you" recipes?

Mmmm...cheesecake.... *drool*

Replies

• leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Mix part skim riccotta cheese with real vanilla extract and some cocoa powder and splenda or stevia. Just like chocolate cheesecake. Or google south beach diet ricotta recipes. They have tons of versions of that same recipe with different flavors. It is soo yummy!
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I've made this one before. It's really good. You can use any flavor jello.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10892-low-fat-lemon-souffle-cheesecake?hl=lemon+cheesecake#posts-79144
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am craving cheesecake really big time! Does anyone have any "better for you" recipes?

Mmmm...cheesecake.... *drool*

EASY POWER CHEESECAKE

Do a google for (whey protein crisps) they are simply whey protein in crunchy little rise krispie type things..You can cook with them..Crush up 5 scoops/servings in to crumbs. Then mix with some light butter, olive oil, or any butter substitute that is made with healthy fats and not hydrogenated oils..Mix the whey protein crisp crumbs with melted butter and 2 tablespoons no cal splenda..Pack firmly in a 9" pie pan..put in the oven on 350 for 5-8 minutes. (keep an eye on it so it does not burn)

Then simply mix the package of cream cheese with 2 cups splenda and vanilla and fill in pie crust with it. Put in fridge for a couple hours to cool and set. Then enjoy!!

1 package of Kraft Philadelphia - Fat Free Cream Cheese
    3 scoops whey crisps
    1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp splenda no calorie sweetener
    3 tbsp landOlakes light butter
    1 tsp vanilla

servings-8

cals per whole pie-1165-49-33-168 /carbs/fat/protein/

1 slice cals 145-6-4-21 /carbs/fat/protein/
  • codykitty
    Options
    2 8oz packages of cream cheese room temp (reduced fat cream cheese makes the texture strange, so use the regular cream cheese.)
    1/2 or 3/4 cup of splenda, depending on how sweet you want it.
    2 eggs
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract

preheat oven to 325.

Beat ccheese and splenda in a bowl, when creamy add eggs and vanilla until smooth.

Prepare a paper lined muffin tin, spoon the mixture evenly into each cup, bake for 20-25 mins. Let cakes cool. Top with fresh fruits or sugar free preserves!

yummm! it's so good!

Calories 207
    Fat 14
    Carbs 13
    (nutrition only based on cheesecake, no topping.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I made this for Thanksgiving this year and it was a HUGE hit. My family has already requested it for Christmas!!!

Pumpkin Cheesecake

8 servings

2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (I use the 1/3 less fat)
    3/4 cup sugar (can reduce this to 1/2 cup sugar)
    1 egg
    1 (15-ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
    2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Crust- you can either use graham crackers or your favorite crust. I like to use gingersnaps, just crunch in large Ziploc bag and add 2 T. melted butter. Mix well and press into 9" springform pan (could also use a 9 x 13" pan.)

1.Preheat the oven to 350°F.

2.In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and egg; beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the spices and continue beating until well blended. Spoon mixture over the crust.

3.Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until set. Let cool then cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.

NOTE: Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

(I don't have the calorie count figured yet)

*************************************************************************************************************

I also made a sugar-free version for myself.

Pumpkin Cheesecake

8 servings

10 packets Truvia (instead of the sugar)
    1 egg
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

(I didn't use a crust, just made it crust-less in a 8 x 8 Pyrex)

2.In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, Truvia, and egg; beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the spices and continue beating until well blended. Spoon into dish.

3.Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until set. Let cool then cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I made this for Thanksgiving this year and it was a HUGE hit. My family has already requested it for Christmas!!!

Pumpkin Cheesecake

8 servings

3/4 cup sugar (can reduce this to 1/2 cup sugar)
    1 egg
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Crust- you can either use graham crackers or your favorite crust. I like to use gingersnaps, just crunch in large Ziploc bag and add 2 T. melted butter. Mix well and press into 9" springform pan (could also use a 9 x 13" pan.)

2.In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and egg; beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the spices and continue beating until well blended. Spoon mixture over the crust.

(I don't have the calorie count figured yet)

*************************************************************************************************************

I also made a sugar-free version for myself.

Pumpkin Cheesecake

8 servings

10 packets Truvia (instead of the sugar)
    1 egg
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

(I didn't use a crust, just made it crust-less in a 8 x 8 Pyrex)

2.In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, Truvia, and egg; beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the spices and continue beating until well blended. Spoon into dish.

Sounds yummy Jess, my husband LOVES cheesecake and I love pumpkin!!!
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tanzmitpalmer
    tanzmitpalmer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    When I get a hankerin' for cheesecake, I always go vegan. Here's one for a silky cheesecake (think Jello No-Bake).

2 pckgs Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp salt
    juice of 1/2 large lemon
    prepared graham cracker crust

Preheat oven to 350. Beat ingredients until smooth, then pour into crust. Even out the top, and bake for 45 minutes. Do NOT overbake... it will be rather jiggly when you take it out of the oven, but don't be tempted to nuke it into firm-land. Allow the jiggly lil' sucker to cool on a counter for about a half hour, then slide it in a safe spot in the fridge overnight. Yes, overnight. Bummer, eh? But you get a nice, smooth, creamy and DAIRY/EGG FREE cheesecake for dessert the next night! Great for folks with allergies.

Serves 8 (or more, if you like to make with the small slices). Average slice = 280 calories.
    Using a sweetener for sugar can cut the calories, but eh, it's freakin' cheesecake.