Got my bio-oil :)

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi

I finally hit Wallgreens today and picked up bio-oil on sale
I plan to use it on my stretch marks but am a little hesitant to use it on my face since I am breakout prone...
Has anyone else tried it...any results (yet)

Thanks, kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I finally hit Wallgreens today and picked up bio-oil on sale
    I plan to use it on my stretch marks but am a little hesitant to use it on my face since I am breakout prone...
    Has anyone else tried it...any results (yet)

Thanks, kim
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Is this like "stri-vectin"?
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I bought a few too...some for my family members. its a great product. and reasonably priced.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Got my DH using it too!

So far using it on my face for three days and no signs of breakouts.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Glad you are liking it - a few days in now, and things are looking improved!
    :flowerforyou:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    haha, thought you meant bio-diesel :laugh:
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    I just bought some bio-oil yesterday after I read the post a couple of days ago. I started on my face - but I use Proactiv, which is a three-step process morning and night.
    Proactiv uses a cleanser as step 1. A toner is step 2, and a lotion is step 3. The lotion is actually the more important of the three, because that is what is meant to help control the breakouts. So last night I did the first 2 steps, and used bio-oil instead of step 3. This morning I didn't use the oil at all. The bio-oil says to use it twice a day, so I need to work into my routine somehow - does anyone else do this? Or anyone have any suggestions?
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I just bought some bio-oil yesterday after I read the post a couple of days ago. I started on my face - but I use Proactiv, which is a three-step process morning and night.
    Proactiv uses a cleanser as step 1. A toner is step 2, and a lotion is step 3. The lotion is actually the more important of the three, because that is what is meant to help control the breakouts. So last night I did the first 2 steps, and used bio-oil instead of step 3. This morning I didn't use the oil at all. The bio-oil says to use it twice a day, so I need to work into my routine somehow - does anyone else do this? Or anyone have any suggestions?

I might suggest that you continue to use the proactive on your face and just use the bio-oil on your body. I was using the Bio-Oil on my face, and got a big "under the skin" pimple by my nose (I tend to break out around the nose/chin area)... just my thoughts!
    :flowerforyou:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I wanted to get some bio-oil but was thinking of not usin git on my face either. I tend to have breakouts any time I vary my regular skin regimine. I like to keep things clear if you know what I mean. But I am very excited to get some for my body! Woohoo! :happy: