bikes bikes bikes

Options
Anyone here a rider? I commute 20 miles to work and 20 miles back every (work) day and i'm just wondering if there is anyone out there who is around the same schedule as me.
Thanks!!

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Bicycle or Bike?

I'm a rider of both.

I love riding my Bicycle, but I don't go as far as you do...I drive my car to work which is a very far drive, I'd never survive on my bike! I just ride it at night leisurely! Great job biking that far!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Nope. I kinda sorta want to... but bikes are expensive >.> I have a 25.6 mile commute. I think it'd be longer on a Bike since generally can't take the freeway. (Freeway goes from nearly my door step to nearly work's door step)

There are a few guys at my work that make a 20 mile trip (They live in San Francisco and bike down). One is very lean and cute >.>
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    Sorry, I wasn't completely clear in my original post-- I mean bicycles--ah, i love mine.

It's such a stress reliever...it's as if work has become something I do inbetween my hobby--it rocks. lol

DanaDark, bikes don't have to be expensive! I am sure craigslist has something for you to start out on. I actually bought my house due to it's location-- direct access to the bike trails that lead to downtown...yeah!
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I love riding. I try to do at least 20 miles a day. I want to get into some long distance touring stuff soon. Feel free to add me! I don't have any cycling friends on here yet.
  • AllyLuna
    AllyLuna Posts: 32
    Options
    I bought a Trek FX 7.1 about 2.5 months ago. Have used it as my main transportation ever since and only use my car on the weekends. I bike about 20 miles/week for work/errands and try to add in at least a 10 mile ride. Live in AZ though so it's a bit hot to do too much lol. 6 times a week when I go to the gym I use a stationary bike for 90min to increase my endurance. I love biking, at the moment trying to find a local biking group for motivation and socializing.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first bike yesterday ( first one since I was like 12, that is). We found a sweet deal on craigslist, got one for myself and one for my fiance. I got a Diamondback and he got a Univega.. There's NO way I'd be able to commute to work on it, but we had fun riding around our neighborhood last night and went on an adventure, riding the golf course. Lol.
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    i am so happy to see many people have bikes and ride them too-- it's such a great workout--but to me...it's not even working out! It's just the best thing in the world to be a kid again on the bike. MFP usually overshoots the calories a bit--for my 40 mile roundtrip i burn about 1250 calories. i think MPF says it's 1400 or so.

By the end of the week, i've burned 6250 cals---not even including my random runs or swims.

bikes are just the best.

:-)