Day 100 Check-in, Down 48 pounds!

Options
dwozniak16
dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
Well I did it! I made it 100 days of logging, and committing myself to this life long commitment for a better and healthier lifestyle. Although the journey ahead will be a tough one, I'm very proud of myself for what I have accomplished so far. Starting off I took it as just another diet, or just another "try" at slimming down and then would find myself packing the weight back on and then some. But This journey has been quite a different one. I've completely changed my outlook on how I live my life, and I'm no longer doing it as a diet. This has become my life. I find myself really enjoying getting up early and not feeling terrible from consuming fast foods, and cases of beer regularly anymore. I've fought a lot of my own personal demons to get to this point, and I refuse to stop now. I am very thankful for all the friends I made on this board for their ongoing support on my posts. 100 days ago I didn't think this was possible. But now I know anything is possible. I haven't shared with any of my family or friends that I have been doing this and today I'm showing everyone what I've been up to the last 3 months.

I was pretty nervous to post this photo as I don't like putting myself out there,
But here we gooooooo

qq7tat0me9km.jpg

Day one on the left, day 100 on the right.

Today I've lost a total of 48 pounds, almost a pound every other day for that span of 100 days. I accomplished what I have so far by eating 1710 calories a day, doing cardio 5-6 times a week for 30 minutes to an hour depending on how I'm feeling that day. Then introduced strength training about a month ago. I feel better than I've felt in a very long time, and I'm happy to say I'm 2 pounds shy of my halfway mark. Now to lose the rest of the tummy and the dreaded moobs! October has been a slow month for losses, but I'm not going to let it get me down!

I'm always looking to make more friends on here to encourage one another.
Please feel free to send me a friend request, we are not alone on this journey!
Thank you for reading.

Replies

• autopilot_off
    autopilot_off Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You're making fantastic progress. Thank you for sharing!
  • smandymail
    smandymail Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow great job! I've just signed up for the food diary and am wondering, do the My Fitness Pal estimates for your prospective weight loss fit reality, more or less?
  • dwozniak16
    Options
    You're making fantastic progress. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for reading, and the nice words!

smandymail wrote: »
    Wow great job! I've just signed up for the food diary and am wondering, do the My Fitness Pal estimates for your prospective weight loss fit reality, more or less?

I've always found their projected weight loss to be off just because your body is going to need time to adjust. At first you will lose significantly, and it will taper off as you progress but you can never let it discourage you. At first I would see my projected be a significant amount in 5 weeks time (like 20 pounds or more) I've been yoyoing between the same 5 pounds for the last month, but I think it is just my body taking it's time to adjust to the rapid loss. I have no doubt that switching up my routine more will help me break that cycle. But seeing that projected weight loss is all motivation to me regardless. It may be an accurate number for others, but not in my case unfortunately.

Thank you for your kind words!

• JoeyKoontz
    Options
    Great Job. You are on the right track. Mixing in the resistance training is essential, and wil reap you great benefits. I'm on a similar journey. I do bootcamp 3 days and weight training 3 days per week. It takes hard work, discipline and self control. Keep it up!
  • dwozniak16
    Options
    JoeyKoontz wrote: »
    Great Job. You are on the right track. Mixing in the resistance training is essential, and wil reap you great benefits. I'm on a similar journey. I do bootcamp 3 days and weight training 3 days per week. It takes hard work, discipline and self control. Keep it up!

Thanks! I'm always looking for new things to incorporate into my workouts.
    I am starting the 5x5 strong lifts program next week.
  • thick_slim
    Options
    Good for you!
  • dwozniak16
    Options
    thick_slim wrote: »
    Good for you!

Thank you, I'm much happier now than I've been in a while.
    I'll continue to work hard towards my goal!
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I wish you continued success B)
  • dwozniak16
    Options
    Fantastic! I wish you continued success B)

Thank you :)
    Accepted your friend request too!
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Well done on the loss so far. Can see a Huge difference.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wow that is just flippin awesome!!! :D
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well done! :smiley:
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an incredible loss and transformation! Congratulations, so so inspiring!
  • tdhdee
    tdhdee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good job my friend!!!! Awesome job and great before and after pics too!!
  • srsly
    srsly Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The difference in your before and after pics is amazing! Congrats again.
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Great job so far. Continue with your success. Is not easy but we can do this!!!
  • LastCupOfSorrow
    LastCupOfSorrow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look great!! <3
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference 100 days makes! Great job!!!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • dwozniak16
    Options
    fobs13 wrote: »
    Well done on the loss so far. Can see a Huge difference.

Thank you so much.
    jenjay8045 wrote: »
    Wow that is just flippin awesome!!! :D

:)!
    nsides0427 wrote: »
    Wow, what an incredible loss and transformation! Congratulations, so so inspiring!

Wow, inspiring? That makes me feel on top of the world! Thank you.
    tdhdee wrote: »
    Good job my friend!!!! Awesome job and great before and after pics too!!

Thank you my friend! :)

srsly wrote: »
    The difference in your before and after pics is amazing! Congrats again.

I probably wouldn't have noticed anything if I didn't take the pictures.. I still feel like the guy in the left photo.. It's taking time to adjust my mind to it.. Thank you.

berto23 wrote: »
    Great job so far. Continue with your success. Is not easy but we can do this!!!

Im in it for the long run! Ready to take my life back! Thanks for your kind words.
    You look great!! <3

Thank you my friend!

Wow! What a difference 100 days makes! Great job!!!

It seemed to have flown right by!! Thank you!
    sbrookes9 wrote: »
    Fantastic job!

Thank you! Friend request accepted :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!