Have any one tried the 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse by JJ Smith?

Options
lamos1
lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I am on Day 4 doing the modified cleanse and so far I have lost 2.2 pounds in 4 days. The modified cleanse consist of 2 smoothies and one healthy meal plus snacks. The full cleanse is 3 smoothies a day no food except for the snacks it allows you to have. I can't do that, I need at least one meal. I may try it though after I complete my modified cleanse.

I haven't taken any pictures yet, so I think I will do that today so that after the 10 days I can see a difference. When I do I'll come back and post the results!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    Water loss. Using smoothies, liquid diets, etc. usually have the highest weight regain percentages due to the fact that it teaches the user nothing on how to sustain their weight while eating SOLID foods.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this since I can never locate the Martian body parts to start the smoothie. Good luck.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep as above posters have said, this teaches you nothing except to feel miserable.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Water loss. Using smoothies, liquid diets, etc. usually have the highest weight regain percentages due to the fact that it teaches the user nothing on how to sustain their weight while eating SOLID foods.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

+100 and you can also try this and it's free http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    It's just temp water loss that you will likely gain back as soon as you stop.

This will likely get flagged as spam though.
  • lamos1
    Options
    I actually know how to maintain weight loss with food and exercise. I just started this to jumpstart my weight loss and its working. Honestly have been cheating a little having more food here and there and still lost weight. No, I don't recommend this to anyone who doesn't know how to maintain weight with proper nutrition and exercise, but I've joined a FB group that JJ Smith has set up for people to help each other out and it has help a lot of people lose large amounts of weight. Not in 10 days, but over a course of a few months to a year.

Just thought I'd share the info though!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    lamos1 wrote: »
    I actually know how to maintain weight loss with food and exercise. I just started this to jumpstart my weight loss and its working. Honestly have been cheating a little having more food here and there and still lost weight. No, I don't recommend this to anyone who doesn't know how to maintain weight with proper nutrition and exercise, but I've joined a FB group that JJ Smith has set up for people to help each other out and it has help a lot of people lose large amounts of weight. Not in 10 days, but over a course of a few months to a year.

Who is JJ Smith and does he/she provide the Martian body parts?!?

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options

What you're doing then is ADVERTISING on the forums which is against Community Guidelines.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• lamos1
    Options
    I'm not advertising anything. I don't even know who JJ Smith is, all I know is that she is the one who wrote the book, but I can delete this post or at least take out the link.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    are your livers and kidneys not working?????
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

if you think that you need a "jumpstart" then you know nothing…

you don't just jumpstart your metabolism...
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've eaten real food since Wednesday and lost 2lbs. I'm pretty sure there was popcorn and ice cream in there somewhere. Come on now. Eat real food. Diets don't need jumpstarted.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Magix!!
  • elphie754
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    What happens on day 11?

You get a unicorn delivered via ups.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm not advertising anything. I don't even know who JJ Smith is, all I know is that she is the one who wrote the book, but I can delete this post or at least take out the link.

But yet you'll follow he/she/its advice, mindlessly. Seems legit.

• elphie754
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    are your livers and kidneys not working?????

Bro how many livers do you have :D

7, erm I mean 1. *innocent whistling*
  • Gorgeousaurus
    Gorgeousaurus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I once decided it would be an awesome idea to do a juice fast for 10 days. I had dreams that I was anorexic on night two. Morning of day three was the most awesome part of the fast... I ate breakfast! Never looked back