Have any one tried the 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse by JJ Smith?

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    lamos1 wrote: »
    I am on Day 4 doing the modified cleanse and so far I have lost 2.2 pounds in 4 days. The modified cleanse consist of 2 smoothies and one healthy meal plus snacks. The full cleanse is 3 smoothies a day no food except for the snacks it allows you to have. I can't do that, I need at least one meal. I may try it though after I complete my modified cleanse.

I haven't taken any pictures yet, so I think I will do that today so that after the 10 days I can see a difference. When I do I'll come back and post the results!
    How many calories a day is this diet?

Please understand if you are losing weight it has nothing to do with the Green Smoothie Cleanse but the fact that you've created a calorie deficit. In fact, you can do that all on your own with real food you love.

I understand some people fast for spiritual reasons, but using a fast as a diet is not good because it's not sustainable. All it is a quick fix.

Finally, there is no reason to cleanse your body because it does so all by itself.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    lamos1 wrote: »
    I actually know how to maintain weight loss with food and exercise. I just started this to jumpstart my weight loss and its working. Honestly have been cheating a little having more food here and there and still lost weight. No, I don't recommend this to anyone who doesn't know how to maintain weight with proper nutrition and exercise, but I've joined a FB group that JJ Smith has set up for people to help each other out and it has help a lot of people lose large amounts of weight. Not in 10 days, but over a course of a few months to a year.

Just thought I'd share the info though!

The effective way to jump start weight loss is to eat less calories than you burn. Period.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    are your livers and kidneys not working?????

Bro how many livers do you have :D

7, erm I mean 1. *innocent whistling*

Imagine how many drinks you could have with 7 livers. Woo hoo

Lol extra drinks... Or..... Extra cash :-p
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

I have four …i swap them out every other day ...
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Livers! The new lithium battery!! (Yes I realize how wrong that is lol).
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Well, I trade mine in at the Livery Exchange every day. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What is it supposed to cleanse, and how will you know it is working as intended?
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Don't waste you time, or your money.
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I started the GSC yesterday and I lost about 3 pounds of water weight that my body was holding onto from eating out this weekend. I didn't take pics but I did take my measurements before starting so I'm tracking that way. I'm not expecting a miracle, I just felt like trying something different to help me stay on track with my eating as I'm healing from surgery.

I doubt that you'll get much support on this site. A lot of the regular posters here are not supportive of juice fasts, smoothie cleanses, etc and versus just ignoring posts that they aren't interested in, they choose to shell out their unsolicited advice and flag the post as spam.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I like to make a green smoothie for lunch (and also eat something with protein.) It's a great way to get all my veggie servings in one shot and it's very filling....but I'm not doing it for some kind of cleanse...or any "jump start" or a magic bullet.... It's something I enjoy and just one part of my eating plan.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    lastspen wrote:
    I just felt like trying something different to help me stay on track with my eating as I'm healing from surgery.
    Strange, when I was healing from surgery I took care to give my body the nutrition it needed to repair itself. Extra protein & vitamin C (to repair the muscle & skin), extra calcium & vitamin D (to repair the bone), extra magnesium (to repair the nerve... though this goes very slowly).
    I doubt that you'll get much support on this site. A lot of the regular posters here are not supportive of juice fasts, smoothie cleanses, etc and versus just ignoring posts that they aren't interested in, they choose to shell out their unsolicited advice and flag the post as spam.
    When someone is advertising, it's against the community rules so it is spam to be flagged. (Rule #14 here.)
    When someone is suggesting an unhealthy VLCD, it's against the community rules too. (Rule #3 here.)
    And it's good to know that there are many informed people on MFP who step in to explain to the newbies who don't know better yet that science does not support these fad diets.
    BTW, when someone posts a thread in the fora, anyone is welcome to comment on it.

51637601.png
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    And I haven't seen an answer yet as to what this is supposed to "cleanse" from your body, that your liver, kidneys, lungs, and skin aren't already handling. (If they aren't doing their job, you don't need to eat strange food, you need to be in the hospital.)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    If there is a book about it, it must be true then!
  • Sweetmelody1983
    Sweetmelody1983 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yes, I tried the 10 day cleanse before and I failed miserably because I wasn't eating enough. Since I purchased the book, I decided to revisit it and take from it the things that were healthy about it. What I got from the book was basically getting more fruit and veggies in my diet and lots of recipes for green smoothies. Green smoothies are a way for me to do that since this was something that I struggled with. I have a smoothie in the morning for breakfast or when I really want something light. I do still eat healthy meals and healthy snacks in moderation. I exercise 4 times a week. So far, incorporating smoothies as part of my new healthy lifestyle is working for me. Convenient, lots of nutrition, and quick for someone as busy as me. BTW... I do not deprive myself. Some days I may have 1200 calories and other I may meet my recommended 1800 calories. Do what's best for you. Disregard the negative people. Everyone isn't on the same journey and are learning how to have a healthy lifestyle. Trial and error. I have tried different things just as many others have. Now I know and understand that if you make healthy choices and get moving the weight will come off. BTW...People need to find a better way to help someone other than attacking them. It was just a question. I don't feel you were advertising.
  • gambianbutterfly
    Options
    I am trying it again but now doing the modified cleanse. I was doing the full cleanse for about 5 days but had to travel out of town & couldn't balance it with my schedule. I had lost 8lbs in the 5 days, felt better in my body, less aches & pains (probably from the 8lbs gone) and gained a LOT of energy. I've tried other liquid diets and smoothies but never felt the difference within my body as I did with the GREEN SMOOTHIES.
  • KTDNLady
    KTDNLady Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started the green smoothie regimen and not just because I want to lose the weight (though that is a part of it). I know about VLCDs and how they are not good for you. However, I am eating enough snacks to reach about 1100 calories a day when I don't eat a "real" meal. But MOSTLY why I am doing this is to break some very bad habits that I had developed in last year. I really needed to stop a very unhealthy routine. And this is one way I am doing that.
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I believe that the common misconception it that when you are doing the cleanse it that you have to eat as little as possible in order to see the weight loss benefits but you don't. I still eat anywhere from 1300-1600 calories a day (so times more than that) and I've still lost. I just eat things that fall within the guidelines, like apples, carrots, peanut butter and eggs. I'm generally not hungry as long as I eat about every 2-3 hours. I lost 13 pounds during my cleanse, gained 3 back and now I'm 3 pounds down and I'm on Day 4 of my second cleanse, all without doing any heavy workouts due to my surgery.

For those who were questioning what exactly is being cleansed the answer is your entire digestive track. The cleanse removes waste from your body allowing better absorption of vitamins and nutrients that are in the foods that you are eating.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I love green smoothies!....but this is.... well just no
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    lastspen wrote: »
    I believe that the common misconception it that when you are doing the cleanse it that you have to eat as little as possible in order to see the weight loss benefits but you don't. I still eat anywhere from 1300-1600 calories a day (so times more than that) and I've still lost. I just eat things that fall within the guidelines, like apples, carrots, peanut butter and eggs. I'm generally not hungry as long as I eat about every 2-3 hours. I lost 13 pounds during my cleanse, gained 3 back and now I'm 3 pounds down and I'm on Day 4 of my second cleanse, all without doing any heavy workouts due to my surgery.

For those who were questioning what exactly is being cleansed the answer is your entire digestive track. The cleanse removes waste from your body allowing better absorption of vitamins and nutrients that are in the foods that you are eating.

Your body removes waste all by itself by going to the bathroom, and it adequately absorbs vitamins from foods you eat. There is no reason AT ALL to do a cleanse.

Eat less calories than you burn and you will lose weight, all without cleanses.