30 Day Shred Level 2 motivation

Options
Hi guys just started on Level 2 and I found it so so hard, I couldn't even finish and skipped most of the moves. Level 1 was fine for me! Please tell me Level 2 gets better and easier? I'm scared I'll just give up now it's got hard but I really don't want to ! Any 30 Day Shred success stories to motivate me? :) Thank you all!!!

Replies

• mummygettingfit
    mummygettingfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey =) how was day one of Level 1 for you? I nearly died first day of level 1 but was able to do all of it by day 10, then I died again day 1 of level 2, but again was able to complete it all by day 10. Same happened with level 3... So don't stress - keep pushing and you'll just keep getting better and better =)
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I had a terribly difficult time with level 2 as well. I can't do the walkout move to save my life and by skipping so many moves I wasn't really getting much of a workout. I just went back to level 1 and put more effort into it.
  • annabellemayh
    annabellemayh Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey =) how was day one of Level 1 for you? I nearly died first day of level 1 but was able to do all of it by day 10, then I died again day 1 of level 2, but again was able to complete it all by day 10. Same happened with level 3... So don't stress - keep pushing and you'll just keep getting better and better =)

This is very encouraging thank you!!! :) I really hope I can build up my strength and endurance enough to be able to complete it! I've heard level 2 is the worst! How were your results? Was it worth it for you :)?

xxxxx
  • annabellemayh
    annabellemayh Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had a terribly difficult time with level 2 as well. I can't do the walkout move to save my life and by skipping so many moves I wasn't really getting much of a workout. I just went back to level 1 and put more effort into it.

That's a good idea! I will try my hardest to build up to be able to do it but if it defeats me I'll still do level 1 to get my work out done!

• jh3nd3r15
    jh3nd3r15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can't offer you my opinion because I just started day 1 level 1 yesterday but I am looking forward to hearing about your results!! Please keep us informed!! :) keep at it!
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I found level 2 to be the hardest but it was able to do all the moves. I think its because my endurance has improved. Just keep going and don't give up. You will get stronger. It's all about consistency.
    Options
    For me, the first 2-3 days (especially days 1 and 2) of any level of 3DS when starting are the worst. But if you keep at it, your endurance Will Improve. Then all that's left to do is to do the moves like Nat and increase the weights if you feel like it.
    Options
    For me at least (I'm on Day 3 of lvl. 2) I found the ending Cardio/abs the killer in the 3rd circuit. The jump-in planks were hard, but the Plank jacks & double-jump ropes had me drenched; I wanted to cry when she started on the oblique twisters. But I'm persevering with willpower, MFP motivation, and the desire to look good & be healthy!
  • Rubie782
    Rubie782 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 1 of level 2 and I had to take a few breaks. I'm still sweating 15 minutes after finishing it. Definitely a lot harder than level 1!
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I was just very easy on myself. She would do 30 seconds of a move... I would work hard to do a few with perfect form but slow. I let myself rest. I was proud of sweat. And each time I tried I could do more. You can do this!
  • twinmommy87
    twinmommy87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Today was supposed to be level two day 6 for me but as I was doing the first circuit I got a really sharp pain in my abdomen where my csection scar is so I couldn't finish. It's still hurting several hours later so hopefully it will be better tomorrow and I can just count today as a rest day :( just got to keep trucking we can kick this levels *kitten*!
  • TerryKes
    TerryKes Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I LOVE 30 Day Shred! It's my go to and I've done it for a long time, HOWEVER, I almost never do Level 2. I have a lower back/hip injury and I can't do in some of those moves. When I first started the workouts, I did do Level 2 to the best of my ability, but I never do now. I'll do Level 1 or I'll do Level 3, and once or twice a week I'll do Levels 1 AND 3! You've made me want to try 2 again just to see, but you also have to know your body. Modify when you need to and do your best. You'll get it. One Week Shred is a good one to incorporate when you feel like a new challenge. Good Luck!
  • rexkt
    rexkt Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 2 and it's slightly easier than yesterday. My trick is I do what I can do, if I needed a break while doing plank runs I would just hold a plank for five seconds that way I could catch my breath but still get in a good workout. I'm actually having the most trouble with some if the cardio moves, like the abdominal twists are killing me.
    It is what you make it, like she says..its your work out! Of course it's important to push yourself but also know your limits. My guess is if you stick with it it will get better, I hope it does for me!
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi there again! Congrats on making it to level 2, to be honest, I did try to work on level 2 but it was too hard so I went back to level and just follow the advance level of level 1 finally after another week I'm able to make some of the version on level 2 but at that time I was swtiching my exercises to Jillian's other DVD and I started to go back to the gym, so in short, I'm now just doing my Zumba fitness and when I'm not able to get out. I do Insanity and JM's Fast Fat ??? Metabolism.... and if I'm too tired I still do the Shred lvl 1. Good luck to you! hope to see some posted results!
  • Sahsider
    Sahsider Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started Level 1 today, and I struggled. I'll be watching this thread for the motivation to stick with this!
  • kaylacharlene
    kaylacharlene Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    On day 6 of level 2.... for some reason each time I do this video, I seem to hurt my knees and always on the second level. Has anyone else noticed this? The second level has some really difficult moves like the oblique twists. This move is what tore my lateral meniscus the first time I did the video so this time around I just do a different cardio move (usually jumping jacks). I also seem to only be able to do the beginners moves! My knees though, with all the jumping, is really getting annoying. I also do Blogilates and go to the gym when I can, working out 6 days a week between 30-2 hours max. (2 hours is just when I do the gym combined with the others).
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Are you doing 30ds EVERY day? Watch the recommendations section of video (I think that's where jillian says this) she says 30ds was intended to be done every OTHER day so your muscles get a rest. The whole 30 days is a marketing thing. It should take longer than 30 days to complete. And I didn't move on from level 1 till I felt very ready and didn't need to modify any moves. Did the same with level 2. BTW I felt level 2 was harder than level 3. Go figure. But do take those rest days.
  • shellssz
    shellssz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    In my opinion level 3 is so much better. So just hold out and push through the 10 days of level 2 and know that it gets better!!! Good luck.
  • shellssz
    shellssz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    And I lost 15 pounds each time I did the 30 day shred. (Twice)
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The first time I did 30 day shred (last summer) I HATED level 2 and thought it was WAY harder than level 3 (or any of the levels in Ripped in 30. This is how I explained it to people - basically, hold yourself in a plank position for 20+ minutes! However, it did get easier by day 10 and I was very proud of myself that by the end I could manage all of the plank exercises.

I am now using 30DS as a filler two days a week and I find myself going for level 2 more than any other! I don't know if it is because I feel it is more of a challenge, but I have grown to like it :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!