30 Day Shred Level 2 motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• laurenframp
    laurenframp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    zacksnana wrote: »
    Are you doing 30ds EVERY day? Watch the recommendations section of video (I think that's where jillian says this) she says 30ds was intended to be done every OTHER day so your muscles get a rest. The whole 30 days is a marketing thing. It should take longer than 30 days to complete. And I didn't move on from level 1 till I felt very ready and didn't need to modify any moves. Did the same with level 2. BTW I felt level 2 was harder than level 3. Go figure. But do take those rest days.

I haven't purchased the DVD, just found some free links to the workout videos and eating plan online. Could you please outline how it should be done? Is it Level 1 for 10 days every other day, level 2 for 10 days every other day etc? How has you all approached it? AND, is it working!?
  • fionalew
    fionalew Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    zacksnana wrote: »
    Are you doing 30ds EVERY day? Watch the recommendations section of video (I think that's where jillian says this) she says 30ds was intended to be done every OTHER day so your muscles get a rest. The whole 30 days is a marketing thing. It should take longer than 30 days to complete. And I didn't move on from level 1 till I felt very ready and didn't need to modify any moves. Did the same with level 2. BTW I felt level 2 was harder than level 3. Go figure. But do take those rest days.

I haven't purchased the DVD, just found some free links to the workout videos and eating plan online. Could you please outline how it should be done? Is it Level 1 for 10 days every other day, level 2 for 10 days every other day etc? How has you all approached it? AND, is it working!?

I have just finished level one day 5 - my plan is do it monday to friday and take the weekend off. 10 days for each level.
  • jessicalauraa_
    jessicalauraa_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have completed 30DS three times now and can definitely say that level two is the hardest level. Even level three is easier! Just keep going at your own pace, if you can't do some of the moves like I couldn't, just do a couple reps slower than the dvd and don't give up. Doing less reps of each of the harder moves means you're still working out and you will still see results :) better to keep going than to quit and you'll do great! The more you do the easier it will become. My first round of this workout was not easy in the slightest, but the fitter you become the more you'll want to carry on!
  • charlisobel
    charlisobel Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it and you will get better, honestly! I've completed it once before and am just starting it again. By the end of 30 days, even if you don't make it to level 3 you will be so much fitter than when you started. Just try and beat what you did last time by a little bit each day.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 of Level 1, but I completed the entire program last year (and had such great results that I'm doing it again!) Remember that if you need to, you can stick with the modified versions of the exercises. You'll get stronger! As Jillian says, if you're not failing, you're not doing it right :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I did find level 2 to be harder than level 1, the first time around. Now, I like the variety. Try to do the beginner modifications, do it only every other day, and make use of the pause button:) You can pause for 10 sec. catch your breath and start again. Whatever you do, don't give up. I think it is important to try all of the levels, because they work different muscles in different ways. Do you have lighter weights? Or try without weights a few times.
  • NearlyMelaine
    NearlyMelaine Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Day 13 of the 30 Day Shred done; really not enjoying it, I found Level 1 fun and enjoyable and I felt like I had achieved something once I had finished it. This Level I just hate, maybe it's because it's harder? Finding I can't stick through a lot of the exercises
  • alib853
    alib853 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think that level 2 is actually the hardest level on the 30ds. Do what you can do and then use the easier modifications for the rest. If there is a move I really can't do I try for a little bit and then substitute another move I know just to keep my workout going. If you can't hang with the burpees, do mountain climbers, or hold a plank. Hop back in when they change it up again. Just keep moving and eventually you will be surprised by what you can do.
  • chaychay48
    chaychay48 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    On day 6 of level 2.... for some reason each time I do this video, I seem to hurt my knees and always on the second level. Has anyone else noticed this? The second level has some really difficult moves like the oblique twists. This move is what tore my lateral meniscus the first time I did the video so this time around I just do a different cardio move (usually jumping jacks). I also seem to only be able to do the beginners moves! My knees though, with all the jumping, is really getting annoying.

Level 2 makes my knees hurt as well, not to mention my wrists and ankles! Made it through 2 days of Level 2 and then went on to Level 3 to see if it was better. While still super tough it seemed easier on my joints!
  • lili89
    lili89 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I first did 30day shred a couple of years ago, lost 14lb and lots of inches I did kit over 6 weeks coz is have a rest day every few days, it's brilliant but difficult in places! This time I'm not going to move up a level until I can do all the moves properly, I'm on day 5 of level one!
  • lolaleelolo
    lolaleelolo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Gonna start level 2 tomorrow...I recall when I did 30DS last time (and never finished the 30 days of workout...) that I nearly died on level 2 because of the planks and knee strain.

I will take the time today to watch it to see where I can modify appropriately without diminishing the workout. Not looking forward to a couple days of killer endurance building, but even after 10 days I am down 3 lbs and unknown inches (did not measure). The pants fit better, so it is worth the effort for such little time commitment!

Anyone else on level 2 now??
  • CealR
    CealR Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'll reiterate what others have said - welcome to the plank level! Unfortunately, plank position is one of the most effective moves you can do and because it's Jillian Michaels, you're going to see a lot of it. If you're having trouble with this level, but not the first, remember to flip the conversation in your head. You found a limit! Now you have something to work on - increasing your endurance so that, by the time you move on to Level 3, this level is no longer making you want to roll over and stop. I don't know if you're doing it every single day, but if you are, stop. Yes, it's 20 minutes. It's 20 minutes of high intensity and you do need to take at least one day of rest each week. (This is one reason I prefer Ri30, because Ms. Michaels makes that point utterly clear in the beginning of the DVD rather than relying on the marketing department to tell you how often to do it in the title). The other piece of advice I have for you? Follow Anita! Modifiers are there for a reason - injury, beginners learning form, lack of stamina at first. You start where you start and work your way up. Good luck!
  • jdgrah1
    jdgrah1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Level 2 sucks. However, here are a few ways I've worked through it. Play music in the background. It helped me push through things I was struggling with. Do a similar move from level one in place of it. For example, the walk out push up flared up my lower back issue. Instead, I just rock out push ups. My last advice, don't be ashamed to skip a day every once in a while. What you don't want to do is get so discouraged and frustrated that you throw in the towel. Take a break and then get back in there. YOU GOT THIS!!!!!
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    30 day shred and ripped in 30 are both designed as each work out being a stand alone work out. You'll still see results by doing level one for 30 days. This is what I did with both of them. I have bad carpal tunnel so find Jillians love of push ups and planks hard going on my wrists, but the first level of each dvd is ok for me.

By all means if level one is getting easy and you want to push yourself, then do it! But don't bully yourself into doing it and end up hating it just for the sake of it.
  • miriamT86
    miriamT86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know this thread has been inactive for a couple of years but I am doing 30ds I have done it in the past and I hate the cardio in level two it is killer...I am dreading it..I am on my last day of level 1...also everytime I have done 30ds in the past, (its been my go to for a decade) I have seen better results when I don't take rest days. I am not saying that is a good idea but if I take a break even for a day - one day turns into two and two turns into three and before u know it im watching Netflix eating chips.....I think the biggest thing for me with this workout is I always measure and that is where I see all the changes, the scale doesn't really budge and that blow, but my pants fit loose....this is a tried and true workout and I am trying to stay motivated which is why I am creeping on an old thread lol!!!
  • Mummytofitmummy
    Mummytofitmummy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2. The first day I hated it but day 2 and 3 I'm liking it.
    What I don't like is my lower leg muscles hurting a lot. Only in one leg. The other leg is fine. But I don't really want to take breaks (I took one after day 1 level 2) as it's the only exercise I can get in.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!