What vitamin help for weight loss?

Options
Instead of taking a multivitamin, is there a specific vitamin for weight loss?
Thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    No. Vitamins only give you the micronutrients you aren't consuming from foods. A calorie deficit is how you lose weight.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    eating in a caloric deficit is the way to go.

Sadly vitamins just supplement where you are lacking. No vitamin (at least to my knowledge) is going to aid in weight loss.
  • consistentz
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    No. Vitamins only give you the micronutrients you aren't consuming from foods. A calorie deficit is how you lose weight.

I am doing that, eating right and exercise. I am just wondering if there is a specific vitamin that accelerate this good efforts.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

This.

I am doing that, eating right and exercise. I am just wondering if there is a specific vitamin that accelerate this good efforts.

No.
  • consistentz
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

This.

No.

How are you so sure?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am sure, too. The foods we eat provide energy for everything we do. When we are trying to lose weight, we make sure we are eating less than is required, and the needed energy is then taken from our fat and muscle stores (hopefully more fat than muscle).

Vitamins are micro (meaning small) nutrients that our bodies need to do other things, like build bones, grow hair, resist disease, and so on.

A young woman should make sure she is getting enough Folic Acid to prevent potential birth defects, and an older woman enough calcium (strong bones) and iron (prevent anemia). A woman's multivitamin should take care of that.

Nearly everyone in the northern hemisphere needs extra vitamin D.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

This.

No.

How are you so sure?

Because vitamins don't aid weight loss. Stop looking for a random quick fix if CICO is working for you (which it will, becuase it works for everyone). CICO is all you need.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Nope.
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    There has been some research indicating fish oil supplementation as potentially beneficial for fat reduction. If nothing else, it's good for your heart.

http://www.jissn.com/content/7/1/31
  • Mividaloca14
    Mividaloca14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As far as I am aware there is no vitamin for weight loss...i believe that if your body is deprived of some vitamins it may cause you to have cravings...it doesn't hurt to take a multi vitamin...just my thought...xoxo
  • snaptate
    snaptate Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    L carentine helps turn your carbs into energy. Fish oil comprised of small fish is awesome and essential for the body.

• consistentz
    Options
    ephiemarie wrote: »
    There has been some research indicating fish oil supplementation as potentially beneficial for fat reduction. If nothing else, it's good for your heart.

http://www.jissn.com/content/7/1/31

Thank you, that is great tip
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Placebo also shows marked results for weight loss.
  • consistentz
    Options
    As far as I am aware there is no vitamin for weight loss...i believe that if your body is deprived of some vitamins it may cause you to have cravings...it doesn't hurt to take a multi vitamin...just my thought...xoxo

I agree, but I was wondering if there is one for metabolism
  • consistentz
    Options
    snaptate wrote: »
    L carentine helps turn your carbs into energy. Fish oil comprised of small fish is awesome and essential for the body.

Thanks, I will research the first one and take the fish oil.
  • consistentz
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Placebo also shows marked results for weight loss.

It doesn't hurt trying while doing my heart good.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    NO. Metabolism is pretty fixed. Don't buy into the nonsense out there that makes it sound like you can end run science.

Patience.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Here we have the typical OP, asks a question, debates the answers she didn't want to hear and is happy with the answers giving her false hope. Lol

I call gender bias! Consistentz is male.