Week five - 11kg down, 15kg to go. (pics)

Options
jorinya
jorinya Posts: 933 Member
Oh so its now week five of I don't know how many weeks but already there is a huge change in my body weight and inches. Can't believe its only been five weeks, well that's with help and support. Before this I lost 4kg in two months. So you could say that I have lost 15kg since January. Some of that was due to illness but most of it through changing my eating habits and getting up off the couch more.
Started out in January at 95kg (209lb). That day was the worst day of my whole life. I stood on the scales in the doctors office and the nurse said, really loud, 95kg. The other nurses shook their heads which made me feel horrible. I left there and went home yo have a good cry then decided I didn't want to get any bigger, I wanted to get slimmer. Wake up, Joanne, you are 35 years old, with a husband and four kids to look after, are you going to let they put you in the ground now???
No, was the answer.My husband told me about some of the men and women in his workplace and how they lost weight with one weight loss plan. So, I picked up the phone, called a consultant, went for a chat. Then she asked me to stand on the scales. Not again!!!! But this time it was 91kg (200 lb). That's a loss of 4kg (almost 9lb). I didn't believe my eyes so she asked me to step up on the scales again. That was the 25 March, my Dad's birthday.

That was Week 1, Day 1:

xui70uakydbt.jpgmsxik3nu2mip.jpg

My measurements as of that day were: (inches)
Waist: 43, Hips: 50, Chest/Bust: 39, Arms: 13 1/2, Top belly: 40, Bottom belly: 46.

So I started the weight loss plan I was given to follow and eat the way I was asked to without cheating all all. Talk about hunger!!! I would have ate my husband if I know he would have tasted good, with a lot of seasoning and an apple in his mouth. I was cranky, nagging. In short I was a real cow to my husband and kids but they knew I was hungry and did their best to keep me happy. Two weeks in and the hunger started to leave me, along with me wanting to eat my husband, lol.
2 April, time to go weigh-in, see if I have lost any weight. Well, I thought I didn't lose a thing because my kids had broken the scales about a month before so I couldn't weigh myself at home. People around me were a little nasty in their comments but I know that was because I was probably smaller than them. And guess what? I was right. Ok, your probably wondering what dress size I was, sorry forgot about that. I was a UK size 18-20 at the beginning.

Week two:

Stood on the scales in you consultants office and........ wait for it.......86kg. What!!!! Oh my God!! I have lost weight. I hugged her and she laughed, telling me that I'm the one that did it and not her. 5kg (11lb) gone.

0730b7izwozu.jpgd1r5mdsttrcq.jpg

Ok, so I am losing weight, feeling great and then a bomb drops. I fall I'll, typhoid fever. I was sick. Not the first time that has happened. I'm living in Nigeria!! What's an Irish woman like me doing in a hot country like Nigeria??? My wonderful, darling husband of 14 years is from the middle belt of Nigeria and he got a job offer he couldn't refuse. So, I packed up my life in UK, where we were living for 5 years and off I went, no questions asked. I was heading for the sun.
Back to the typhoid, last year about the same time of year I couldn't eat right, food was turning my stomach for about two weeks then for three days I couldn't eat or move from the bed. Even to drink water became a problem. Rushed to hospital by Papa,(my husband's dad), put on six drips in two days and horrible injections. Went home two days later because I missed my little girl who was 2 at the time. This time wasn't as severe. Took herbal medicine which worked better than any injection and within days I was feeling ok.

Week three/four:
Back in to consultant, stepped on the scales and...... 83kg (182lb). 3kg (6lb) gone again. Ok time to start working out, get stronger and increase calorie intake a little bit. See what happens!!

pb6ayp5aomov.jpg3c7e7oul19lc.jpg

Started walking as much as I could around the estate, to the shop about a mile away and up and dwn the stairs as many times as I could manage without falling down but that was not enough for me. Then I found my old Pump It Up DVD. Put it on, manages 30 mins then........ DVD stopped playing..... it was scratched. Oh crap!!!!
Went on YouTube, found it there and started working out.

Week five:

Ok so with being sick before I sort of ate some foods I wasn't allowed to on the plan because I knew it would help the medicine work its magic! Wasn't expecting a big result but then......
Back to the consultant and back on the scales and 81 (178lb). That was two days ago and after eating my breakfast and drinking about 3 glasses of water.

ltxm6gtmbqo5.jpgueg4s68jacs9.jpg

Today:

Measurements:

Waist: 37, Hips: 45, Chest/Bust: 36, Arms: 12, Top belly: 34, Bottom belly: 42

Now, I'm 80kg (176 lb) as of this morning after going toilet and having a shower. Next target is to weigh less than my neighbour who is 79kg (174 lb).
Still have 15kg ( 33 lb) to go to my target weight but in no hurry to get there. Well that's it for now. Will post again when I am about to get ready to maintain. Thanks for all your help and support. Without you guys I would have given up. You guys rock!!!.

Replies

• moodee_q
    moodee_q Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Loved your story keep it up
  • jorinya
    Options
    moodee_q wrote: »
    Loved your story keep it up

Thank youyou very much
  • Littlepeeper
    Littlepeeper Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look so much happier! You deserve it! Great job!
  • jorinya
    Options
    You look so much happier! You deserve it! Great job!

Thanks very much. We're worth it. ;)
  • ToriJ84
    ToriJ84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. You're looking great!
  • jorinya
    Options

Thanks. Forgot to mention its all after having four kids (3 boys and my little girl) through c-sections. That's how the weight piled on. Now mummy is showing them hard work, dedication, perseverance and determination achieves great things.
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • jorinya
    Options
    Thank you!
  • fanyob
    fanyob Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good job. I'm in Naija too and struggling with my weight. Do you eat the local diet or something else!
  • jorinya
    Options
    fanyob wrote: »
    Good job. I'm in Naija too and struggling with my weight. Do you eat the local diet or something else!

Thank you!

Eba and too much soup is what got me gaining weight. I just love Naija food. Been eating it for 15 years, a Yoruba friend of mine introduced me to stew. A year and a bit later, I met my husband and been married 14 years, all that time eating Naija food. Right now, too lose weight I've cut out all Naija food, except pepper soup. I'm on a low carb, low salt, low fat, high protein weight loss plan. Hope to be eating Naija food soon but as it stands cannot risk eating it now because if I start I won't stop. Basically eating salad, chicken, white fish and protein rich foods for supper. Send me friend request. Would love to have you as a friend.
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    Oh so its now week five of I don't know how many weeks but already there is a huge change in my body weight and inches. Can't believe its only been five weeks, well that's with help and support. Before this I lost 4kg in two months. So you could say that I have lost 15kg since January. Some of that was due to illness but most of it through changing my eating habits and getting up off the couch more.
    Started out in January at 95kg (209lb). That day was the worst day of my whole life. I stood on the scales in the doctors office and the nurse said, really loud, 95kg. The other nurses shook their heads which made me feel horrible. I left there and went home yo have a good cry then decided I didn't want to get any bigger, I wanted to get slimmer. Wake up, Joanne, you are 35 years old, with a husband and four kids to look after, are you going to let they put you in the ground now???
    No, was the answer.My husband told me about some of the men and women in his workplace and how they lost weight with one weight loss plan. So, I picked up the phone, called a consultant, went for a chat. Then she asked me to stand on the scales. Not again!!!! But this time it was 91kg (200 lb). That's a loss of 4kg (almost 9lb). I didn't believe my eyes so she asked me to step up on the scales again. That was the 25 March, my Dad's birthday.

That was Week 1, Day 1:

xui70uakydbt.jpgmsxik3nu2mip.jpg

Waist: 43, Hips: 50, Chest/Bust: 39, Arms: 13 1/2, Top belly: 40, Bottom belly: 46.

So I started the weight loss plan I was given to follow and eat the way I was asked to without cheating all all. Talk about hunger!!! I would have ate my husband if I know he would have tasted good, with a lot of seasoning and an apple in his mouth. I was cranky, nagging. In short I was a real cow to my husband and kids but they knew I was hungry and did their best to keep me happy. Two weeks in and the hunger started to leave me, along with me wanting to eat my husband, lol.
    2 April, time to go weigh-in, see if I have lost any weight. Well, I thought I didn't lose a thing because my kids had broken the scales about a month before so I couldn't weigh myself at home. People around me were a little nasty in their comments but I know that was because I was probably smaller than them. And guess what? I was right. Ok, your probably wondering what dress size I was, sorry forgot about that. I was a UK size 18-20 at the beginning.

Week two:

Stood on the scales in you consultants office and........ wait for it.......86kg. What!!!! Oh my God!! I have lost weight. I hugged her and she laughed, telling me that I'm the one that did it and not her. 5kg (11lb) gone.

0730b7izwozu.jpgd1r5mdsttrcq.jpg

Ok, so I am losing weight, feeling great and then a bomb drops. I fall I'll, typhoid fever. I was sick. Not the first time that has happened. I'm living in Nigeria!! What's an Irish woman like me doing in a hot country like Nigeria??? My wonderful, darling husband of 14 years is from the middle belt of Nigeria and he got a job offer he couldn't refuse. So, I packed up my life in UK, where we were living for 5 years and off I went, no questions asked. I was heading for the sun.
    Back to the typhoid, last year about the same time of year I couldn't eat right, food was turning my stomach for about two weeks then for three days I couldn't eat or move from the bed. Even to drink water became a problem. Rushed to hospital by Papa,(my husband's dad), put on six drips in two days and horrible injections. Went home two days later because I missed my little girl who was 2 at the time. This time wasn't as severe. Took herbal medicine which worked better than any injection and within days I was feeling ok.

Week three/four:
    Back in to consultant, stepped on the scales and...... 83kg (182lb). 3kg (6lb) gone again. Ok time to start working out, get stronger and increase calorie intake a little bit. See what happens!!

pb6ayp5aomov.jpg3c7e7oul19lc.jpg

Started walking as much as I could around the estate, to the shop about a mile away and up and dwn the stairs as many times as I could manage without falling down but that was not enough for me. Then I found my old Pump It Up DVD. Put it on, manages 30 mins then........ DVD stopped playing..... it was scratched. Oh crap!!!!
    Went on YouTube, found it there and started working out.

Week five:

Ok so with being sick before I sort of ate some foods I wasn't allowed to on the plan because I knew it would help the medicine work its magic! Wasn't expecting a big result but then......
    Back to the consultant and back on the scales and 81 (178lb). That was two days ago and after eating my breakfast and drinking about 3 glasses of water.

ltxm6gtmbqo5.jpgueg4s68jacs9.jpg

Today:

Measurements:

Now, I'm 80kg (176 lb) as of this morning after going toilet and having a shower. Next target is to weigh less than my neighbour who is 79kg (174 lb).
    Still have 15kg ( 33 lb) to go to my target weight but in no hurry to get there. Well that's it for now. Will post again when I am about to get ready to maintain. Thanks for all your help and support. Without you guys I would have given up. You guys rock!!!.

Wow what an inspiration you are!! Thank you so much for sharing your story. You look awesome!!! Keep us updated, as it really helps orhers(including me). You got this!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You also look so much happier. You should be so proud of yourself!!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote:
    I have lost 15kg since January.

Started out in January at 95kg (209lb). That day was the worst day of my whole life. I stood on the scales in the doctors
    office and the nurse said, really loud, 95kg. The other nurses shook their heads which made me feel horrible.
    How awful of them to treat you that way! I would definitely say something to your doctor next time you're there.
    Fat-shaming almost never gets good results, and health-care providers shouldn't do it, because it makes people
    unwilling to get the care they need.

25March

Today:
    Measurements:
    Now, I'm 80kg (176 lb)
    So in 6 weeks you've lost 6" off your waist, 5" off your hips, 3" off your chest (or is is off your bust? they're different).
    That's huge! :sweat_smile::flowerforyou:

Hopefully soon you'll be able to start eating normal foods in reasonable quantities, because this diet they have you
    on isn't going to be sustainable the rest of your life.
  • jorinya
    Options

Wow what an inspiration you are!! Thank you so much for sharing your story. You look awesome!!! Keep us updated, as it really helps orhers(including me). You got this!

Thank you very much! I will, don't worry about that, I'll definitely keep updating. Anything I can do to help others especially those who are struggling, I will do, even if if means sharing my little secrets to success with them. No1 secret, never, ever, ever listen to that little voice that says "you are going to fail". When you hear it just shake your finger and say "ah, ah,ah, you're wrong, I am a champion already and nothing is gonna get in my way of becoming a happier, fitter, healthier me, so back off and watch this space".
  • jorinya
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    [So in 6 weeks you've lost 6" off your waist, 5" off your hips, 3" off your chest (or is is off your bust? they're different).
    That's huge! :sweat_smile::flowerforyou:

Hopefully soon you'll be able to start eating normal foods in reasonable quantities, because this diet they have you
    on isn't going to be sustainable the rest of your life.

When I see it like that I'm even surprised myself. The bust measurement is that place under your bra line. Not lost cup size yet, thank God. Took my four kids to get them, don't wanna say goodbye!!!.
    As for normal food, my body is still in recovery from typhoid and if I eat normal food, i get really bad heartburn, trapped wind and excruciating pain so need to let my stomach recover first. Probably will go to a herbal doctor in my husband's village who deals with typhoid a lot. But that won't be for another few weeks. Once its out of my system, will add a little more carb. Even fizzy drinks disturb me so much. Carrots are a huge problem!!! Most fruits as well. I'm not advertising here or saying that if someone is sick they shouldn't go to a doctor. But for me, the herbal medicine works better. Think I'm becoming a typical Nigerian woman, which is funny cos I'm Irish, lol.
  • yeboboye2
    yeboboye2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering why I have not seen any Nigerian success stories. Good to know it is possible . I
  • jorinya
    Options
    yeboboye2 wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering why I have not seen any Nigerian success stories. Good to know it is possible . I

Add me and I will be there for you every step of the way. I'm proof that those eating a Nigerian diet can also lose weight! If I can do it, all the Nigerian women who are looking to lose weight but don't know how can also do it. I am willing to help those ladies living in Lagos, face to face if that will help. Can also help men too!
  • jorinya
    Options
    5 days left to reach my monthly target. I'm so close I can almost touch it. Goodbye 80s hello 70s!!!!
  • tschlach
    tschlach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your right about not wanting to go to the Dr. When your over weight. I don't go even when I'm sick unless it's something I feel is serious. If I do go I ask them why I have to step on the scale. I'm not there to be weighed. My last Dr. Was OK with that, my new one not so much.
    I made my decision on News Years Eve that it was time to lose weight. I never before made a New Years Eve resolution because I didn't want to break the resolution. This time was different. I told people my resolution and didn't want to look like a fool for not following through. I'm down 15 pounds.
    Thanks for the story knowing others out there with success keeps me motivated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!